Notices

Provence update- restaurants, weather

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 09:30 AM
Anthony

Provence update- restaurants, weather

We travel to Provence shortly. We stay in St. Remy, have for many years.

We are looking for exceptional restaurants, like Mas Toureton in Gordes, within 50 kms of St. Remy, preferably in the Vaucluse, Luberon or other lavender areas.

Also interested in the current weather.

Thanks!

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 09:47 AM
Book Chick

Hi Anthony,
Can't help on the restaurant front, but the temps have been in the 70's lately with some overcast skies & a little bit of rain here & there.

BC

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 10:11 AM
mimi taylor

Hello Anthony,like the Mas de T., The Mas Cure Bourse has excellant food by another of Provence's great woman chefs. It is located at Isle sur la sorge. The bistros of Paradou and Eygaliers, Restaurant Phillip in Fontaine de Vaucluse, Chateau des Tine Roches in chateauneuf de Pape,Mesclun in Seguret, La Regalodo in FontvilleLe Fournil in Bonnieux, Les Flores in Gigondas9one of our favorite wines} and if you go to Sault(great Lavender area, buy the best nougat at the beautiful Andre Boyer shop. I don't have to tell you of St.Remy, but I would like to know if you have eaten at The Assiette de Marie. If so, any good?? We'll be in that area the end of august...mimi

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 04:26 PM
nancy

Wwe thought La Dame l'Oiseau in Perne les Fontaines was very nice indeed. And Pernes is an interesting little village.

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 08:44 AM
Anthony

Mimi,

Thanks for the many recommendations.

I cannot recall if we have eaten in Assiette de Marie. My two favorite restaurants in St. Remy are "Gousse D'Ail";it is small, 14 tables, make advance reservations and La Source-for the garden especially.

We will be there week after next.