Provence Restaurants

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 09:27 AM
Anthony

Provence Restaurants

We have been going to St. Remy de Provence for many years and enjoy it so. We will return this year this time with some family members.

I am interested of learning about nice country restaurants for lunch. We have been to the "Mas Toureton" in Gordes, a superb place, and plan to re-visit it this year.

Looking for restaurants in the Luberon, Vaucluse, in lavender country. We will be in the area for 3 weeks beginning June 16.

Thanks in advance.

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 05:02 PM
lynn

Hi Anthony:
I don't have an answer for you but look forward to others who do have an answer. We are doing this area again this year also (about the same time as you) and were looking for a restaurant in Gordes. So thanks, your suggestion is duly noted.
Regards,
Lynn

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 05:32 PM
Joel

My favorite in the region between Arles and Avignon is Oustau de Baumaniere close to Les Baux. Their ravioli de truffes is superb, but they feature wonderful fish and lamb dishes as well.
Perhaps even better is Restaurant Prevot in Cavaillon. It was excellent, particularly the salade de langoustines. Last and as good as the others, just NE of Salon on route D16 is the Abbaye de Sainte Croix which has a considerable variety of excellent dishes and is an abby with a beautiful park attached.
If you like French food these restaurants will not disappoint!

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 07:03 PM
Patrick

My favorite is in Bonnieux and called Restaurant Le Fornil. It is sort of on the main square with an old well in front and is built back into the hillside like a cave, but quite upscale. It was featured in a Travel and Leisure article several years before we went and I had saved the article. We thought it was remarkable.

Old Feb 8th, 2001, 06:10 AM
Anthony

Patick and Joel, thanks! This was just the information I was looking for. If I can be of help feel free to call on me.