Reload this Page >

pros and cons of 2 rome areas to stay

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 08:14 PM
amy

Hi there, <BR>If anyone can give your opinion regarding which area to saay in Rome, I would appreciate it. We have reservations in both hotel pensione italia (closer to the train station) or hotel forte (next to the spanish steps. We will be staying in Rome for 3 nights. Thanks!

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 08:25 PM
Gerry

Take the Forte.

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 04:13 AM
Ed

Strong vote for the Spanish Steps area over Termini.

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 04:14 AM
xx

You asked for pros and cons. There was a very extended thread on the subject just last week. Do a search on <BR>termini <BR>and you're sure to find it.

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 07:02 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Amy, I concur with Ed---the man knows Rome. Have you used www.twenj.com ?

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 07:02 AM
Nedda

Definantly by the Spanish Steps. Termini station may be easy access to transportation, but it's not a very nice area, and also not the safest. Spanish Steps are wonderful and close enough to the train station, if you need it to be.

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 07:50 PM
Sky

You definitely should stay in Forte. The only pros of staying near Termini is that you can shop in the drug store/supermarket there and that, well, there is the train station.

Old Jun 17th, 2001, 12:42 PM
Capo

Hi Amy. Here's another vote for the area near the Spanish Steps.

Old Jun 17th, 2001, 04:14 PM
Celeste

Personally I would pick the Campo di Fiori area over Termini and Spanish Steps - the people were friendly and down to earth and there were no touristy areas - after a few days I almost felt like a local!

Old Jun 17th, 2001, 09:12 PM
Leslie

I was just there in April. The Spanish Steps are is very upscale. The Termini area is rather seedy. No question that the former is preferred. But another great area, were we stayed is near the Pantheon or the Piazza Navona. Very central. We stayed at the Albergo Santa Chiara which is on the Piazza della Minerva. The hotel and location were great.