Proposed 4 Night Iceland Itinerary

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8th, 2017, 02:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good evening, this will be my second trip to Iceland but first for my husband and 2 preteen boys. We plan to visit first week of August.

Based on my first trip, and looking through travel guides, our boys have requested Blue Lagoon, Gulfoss, whale/puffin tour, and ride on Icelandic horses. Originally I wanted to go to the north coast, but alas, I'm letting them set the tone for this trip and looks like we can stay closer to Reykjavik.

I'm hoping to have a low(er) key trip compared to our usual go-go-go travel interaries where we can sleep in and not worry so much about fully adjusting to jet lag on such a short trip. Plus would like to slow down and really let our boys take in the beauty of Iceland.

Day 1: Arrive late night to KEF, hotel near airport

Day 2: Sleep in, rent car at airport, drive to Geysir area. Lunch and Reykjadalaur along way. Arrive to rental home early evening.

Day 3: Horse tour and possibly Secret Lagoon during day, Geysir/Gulfoss in evening after crowds have lessened. Second night in rental home.

Day 4: Drive to Reykjavik. Afternoon Whale/Puffin tour. Wander around Reykjavik. Hotel in town.

Day 5: Blue Lagoon on way to airport for evening departure back to US.