Propet walking shoes?

Jul 19th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Original Poster

Propet walking shoes?

Anyone have a pair and recommend them for walking/touring in European Cities? Looking for a comfortable sandle that can go from day to evening.
Jul 19th, 2005, 08:21 PM

I know you mean proper as I can't tyoe well due to arthritis and etc.
But there is no one brand or price that will suit your feet. You must try all.
I have bad feet, my friends will swear by some brands, but they will be deadly on me.
Try, Try, them on, walk around and see how thy feel. If they pinch or hurt when you walk on them, do not buy.
Jul 19th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Original Poster

Thank you.
Jul 19th, 2005, 08:30 PM

So far Born has worked for me but the old ones I have are not available anymore. I looked at the discount store here called DSW or something like that, but no. nor did Filene's Basement who always has their former styles on occassion.
Jul 19th, 2005, 08:35 PM
ron

Actually there is a brand of shoes called Propet, which is what I assumed the OP was asking about. http://www.zappos.com/n/br/b/123.html

I have owned a pair. Nothing special -- I'll stick with my Rockports.
Jul 19th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Original Poster

I was on shoebuy.com (as someone recommended) and there are so many choices. "Women's Propet Spray Walker's" looked like a good style for day to night walking/touring. I am unfamiliar with them. Thank you for your suggestions.
Jul 19th, 2005, 08:44 PM

Lol See how much we learn from eachother. I don't know that brand but I still say try, try, them on, walk around bbefore buying.
Jul 19th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Original Poster

Thank you!
Jul 19th, 2005, 09:06 PM

Born shoes are GREAT...I've had three pairs of them so far. My Merrell's got me through three weeks in Europe without dying...in fact it got to the point where I almost tossed my Timberland shoes just to have the suitcase space since they were so USELESS.

I just bought a bad-ass pair of Josef Seibels shoes that I fully expect to make my trip to Paris in the fall and experience of walking on pillows. They are handmade though, so you have to try them on before buying...several pairs of size 39 and 40s later, I finally found the ones that fit ME.

I'd go to a Nordstrom shoe department if you have a Nordstrom near you, and see what they have.

Happy travels,

Jules
Jul 19th, 2005, 09:35 PM

And break them in before leaving! Even though a pair may feel like heaven when walking around the shoe store, they can become different beasts when wearing them all day long for several days.
Jul 20th, 2005, 06:12 AM

If you're walking around all day in sweaty sandals, you'll want a different pair for evening.
Jul 20th, 2005, 06:14 AM

Assuming you are American - what do you wear for walking/touring in American cities ?
Jul 20th, 2005, 07:01 AM

I own a pair of Propet shoes - slip on trainer style - and they got me around Disneyland for 7 days great last December. Very, very comfortable! I'm using them in August for London too as a back up to my Clarks sandals. I highly recommend Propet and zappos.com is a great place to get them!
Jul 20th, 2005, 07:47 AM

I believe you need to try on a pile of shoes to find ones that fit. Also I would not wear the same shoe for day into evening unless you happen to be out away from your hotel for a long stretch. Changing shoes more often helps prevent blisters. So I recommend taking 2-3 pair of shoes/sandals that you switch between.

I have had good luck with Munro, Ecco, Merrill, Easy Spirit, Clarke, Rockport.

Brands that are popular but don't fit my feet are Mephisto & Joseph Siebel. Expensive brand that looked and felt great but did not last well is Arche.
Jul 20th, 2005, 08:41 AM

I've had my Propet shoes for a couple of years. They are very light wieght and have held up well but I wouldn't use this pair for evening wear as they are rather chunky looking. I've never used them for travel.
Jul 20th, 2005, 09:01 AM

I'm wearing a pair of Propet's right now. Right now I'm wearing a clog style shoe but I do have a pair of black lace up ones that I refer to as my 'security guard' shoes. Comfy for me and has good arch support, but may not be for you. Also the brand has removable insoles so if you have orthotics the shoes work well.