Reload this Page >

Proper attire for high tea at Brown's

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1st, 2002, 05:37 PM
pscaltreto

Please advise what is considered proper attire for high tea at Brown's for both male and female. If out all day will we need to return to the hotel to change clothes. Do men need jackets or just shirt and tie. Are slacks acceptable...sneakers or shoes, etc.

Old Jan 1st, 2002, 06:06 PM
kateconrad

Sneakers and jeans - I would say no.<BR>Jacket and tie - not neccesary<BR>Nice casual is good,slacks,sweaters,maybe a jacket but skip the tie. High tea is in the late afternoon..

Old Jan 1st, 2002, 06:12 PM
John G

We already discussed this at length just last week. Search the files using "high tea at Brown's" as your keywords.

Old Jan 1st, 2002, 08:23 PM
MaryC

JohnG<BR><BR>I don't believe the search function has been working properly for quite some time. You may search for old threads but for anything that was started last week, you'll be unlikely to find it. I just tried searching for "high tea at <BR>Brown's" and pulled up nothing.<BR><BR>pscaltreto, if I find the thread for you, I will top it for you.<BR><BR>Have a great trip to London. : )

Old Jan 1st, 2002, 09:41 PM
MaryC

Just topped "English Tea in London" for you. Should be just below this thread.<BR><BR>: )

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 06:34 AM
pscaltretto

MaryC: Found the site. As you stated, could not pull up previous thread. Thank you for your help.

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 07:47 PM
MaryC

You're welcome. Glad I was able to help. Hope you enjoy your jaunt to Brown's. Please let us know how you enjoyed it. : ) ~MaryC