Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Private Tour Guide for Rome Geared towards Kids?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone used Alessandra Mazzoccoli for a tour of Rome? I was recommended to her by Francesca Caruso (who is booked). I am looking to do two 3 hr. tours (Ancient Rome/Vatican & St. Peters) on separate days and geared towards keeping the kids interested? Any other suggestions?
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 01:26 PM

We've just returned from Rome and we used Real Rome Tours who have a number of options available. May I suggest you have a look at their web site. The guides we were allocated were experts in their fields and great communicators. I feel confident they would keep the children interested.
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 02:27 PM

We used Context Tours (http://www.contexttravel.com/city/Rome) and thought they were great. We did the family tour of the Borghese Gallery and our daughter loved it. The tour guide directed everything towards our daughter, which kept her entertained and interested. Even though the tour was "for kids", we learned and enjoyed it as much as she did. In Venice, we did the family scavenger hunt tour and it was one of our favorite days. I highly recommend Context. Have fun!
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 09:52 PM

We will be in Rome in a few weeks (kids 12 & 9) and were interested in a tour of ancient Rome (Forum etc.). I also tried Francesca and she was also booked! She gave a few names and we decided to try Alessia Aletta. Now, we haven't had the tour yet, but so far so good with the communication, etc. before hand.

When asked about kids, she said "Of course, I'm a mother!". Good luck.
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Uma

Check out Daniella Hunt with www.rome-tours.com. We took a tour of the Roman Forum and Colosseum with her. We were both adults. But I think her warmth, enthusiasm, wit and sense of fun would translate well to children.
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 01:06 PM

We came close to using Daniella Hunt this summer, based on our digging around, but opted to do it alone. I'm not sure that counts as a recommendation since we didn't use her!
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 05:02 AM

Our kids just loved the Segway Tour of Rome. We highly recommend it.
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 06:10 AM

Agree w/ the Context Travel recommendation. We took their Ancient Rome and Vatican tours and enjoyed them completely. They have tours geared specifically to families w/ children.