Reload this Page >

Private Rome Tours

Search

Private Rome Tours

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 11:22 AM
Marilyn

Private Rome Tours

We will be on Royal Legend of the Seas departing Sept.14. We will be in a group of ten people and are wondering if we should take a private tour of Rome as we are only going to be in Rome for the day. We could split our group in two or three if that's more workable. Our interests are vatican, forum, colliseum, fountains, etc. None of us enjoy museums or art so we felt the cruise tours might stay too long at certain places for us. Any comments from previous travelers would be appreciated greatly; such as comments about taking cruise tours or doing it on our own, and, if so, which tour company should we choose. Thanks.

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 01:02 PM
nancy

www.scalareale.com <BR>They are highly recommended for tours of Rome, and you could "design" your own private tour with them. <BR>

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 01:10 PM
can'twait

I'm heading to Italy in May, and I found this website today. Don't know anything about the tour guides, but it sounds interesting (and reasonable - $85 for three hours). Has anyone else heard of these people? They're two Americans who have lived in Rome for "over twenty years". <BR> <BR>http://www.initaly.com/ads/m&d/rmwalks.htm

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 03:04 PM
adrienne

Marilyn, <BR> <BR>I second the Scala Reale recommendation. Took two tours with them last year in Rome and found them to be very good. The half day Vatican tour was amazing; about three and a half hours of the tour was non-stop information from our guide. They will create a custom tour for you based on what you want to see. The URL is: <BR>http://www.scalareale.org/ <BR> <BR>Adrienne <BR> <BR>

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 03:38 PM
nancy

thanks Adrienne ,for correct site address! <BR>I was too tired/lazy from shoveling the mountains of snow (we are still receiving) to do anything more than guess at the address.