Private Limo

Aug 22nd, 2001, 10:48 AM
Al

Private Limo

My wife and I will be arriving in Rome in October on our first trip to Europe. We are looking for recommendations for a private limo service to meet us at the gate and make the trip to the hotel as hassle free as possible.

Aug 22nd, 2001, 10:50 AM
terry

Your hotel can probably arrange something. Also, Autoeurope.com has limo/transfer service online...

Aug 22nd, 2001, 10:51 AM
Katherine

www.romalimo.com

If you ever read the AOL travel boards you will notice Massimo is a regular poster.

Aug 22nd, 2001, 02:38 PM
Rex

Carey Limousine - - www.careyint.com - - operates in a number of cities in Europe - - including Rome, I believe.

If you were traveling to New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami (or even my hometown, Columbus, Ohio) - - then the appeal of a "real" limo might add a special flair to the trip.

But if you think you are going to enjoy your ride to the hotel in something larger than a roomy four-door sedan (Mercedes, for example) - - then you might want to think again. The location of your hotel will influence how it "feels" to you, but for many hotels' locations, you may feel like you have chosen to ride a camel through the eye of a needle to ask a "real" limo to get you to the front door of your hotel in Rome.

It might work at the St. Regis Grand - - not a lot of other places, though.

Best wishes,

Rex

Aug 22nd, 2001, 04:27 PM
Surlok

Al,

I used:

www.limoservicerome.com

It worked fine, nice car, good driver. Have them quoting the service you want.

Regards,

Surlok