Search

Printing replys

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 04:44 PM
ricahrd j vicek

Printing replys

Hello there: Is anyone else out there <BR>being unable to print out a reply, alwsys<BR>get a flag, nothing to print??<BR>Richard of LaGrange Park, Il...

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 05:36 PM
Linda

Are you working on a Windows system? If so, place your curser anyplace over the message/reply area. Right click. select "Select All". Then right click, "print", select "selection", OK. Or, you want just part of it, highlight the area you want printed, right click, "print", "selection". Works with any Windows-based program. Any MAC owners have instructions for your system?

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 06:24 PM
Gerry

Linda and Richard,<BR><BR>I tried your suggestion. Didn't work for me. If I right click(Windows '98) the options don't appear. I used the edit menu on top of screen and tried the select all and print and got a No Pages To Print reply. I've had this problem since the new format started. Fortunately their are other solutions. You can cut and paste to a word processing/notebook program and print from there. Or, as I did, you can get out of Netscape(where I had the problem). When I switched to MSN Internet Explorer, I had no further problems printing. Don't know of any other solutions.<BR><BR>Let me know if this helps,<BR><BR>Gerry

Old Apr 5th, 2001, 01:44 PM
Linda

That must be the difference. I almost exclusively use Microsoft Internet Explorer. Find it just works better for me--but to each its own. Good luck with your problem.

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 06:30 AM
Millie Groobey

I've had the same problem and have solved it by emailing the questions and responses to myself, then printing the email.

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 10:41 AM
Gerry

Millie,<BR><BR>Wow! You're a real problem solver! Inventive mind! I'm very impressed. Too bad though that we a forced to go to such lenghts.

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 11:07 AM
Christina

I have had no problems at all printing posts in either IE or Netscape (I have both) ever since they changed the sites. So, perhaps it is your internet settings on your own machine, who knows, a lot of this technical stuff is beyond me. I have Netscape 6.0, if your version is older, maybe you should download and upgrade.

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 11:12 AM
Frustrated

It doesn't print with Netscape 7.1. Maybe I should downgrade my browser!

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 08:03 PM
Gerry

Topping

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 08:29 PM
Danny Mangin

Hello All --<BR><BR>Thank you, Gerry. I was just about to do a search for this thread. We're going to do something early next week about the printing problem. I think everyone will like the solution. (And wouldn't that be a first?!)<BR><BR>In the meantime, one solution that works pretty well (and allows you to use less paper) is to e-mail the thread to yourself and the print out the e-mail. <BR><BR>I hope this shrot-term solution works for you.<BR><BR>Yours truly, <BR><BR>Danny Mangin<BR>Editorial Director

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 07:01 AM
frank

I create files in my word processor (Microsoft Word 2000) for each topic that I'm interested in saving or printing, e.g., "Rome restaurants", "Train travel", etc). Then I use the mouse to "cut and paste" messages (or parts of messages) to these files and I can then save all pertinent messages together. If I only want to print one message, I get best results with cutting and pasting what I want to a "new" document, then printing it. You don't have to name and save the document if you don't want to keep it on your hard drive.

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 12:37 PM
Robin

I too like the cut-and-paste mehtod-- it allows me to gather different items and build my own reference. This is ultimately more convenient than just printing responses, IMHO.

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 12:40 PM
Tip

And remember you can use CTRL-A to select all the text in the message frame if you've clicked in it first. A quick CTRL-A followed by CTRL-C will put the entire thread into your clipboard for easy pasting into your Text editor of choice.<BR><BR>I personally paste into Microsoft Word but rather than doing a straight paste which tries to preserve the text formatting, I prefer to do a "Paste Special... | Unformatted Text" since it is easier to reformat and print.

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 01:03 PM
Phil

Richard: I left click and swipe over whatever I want to save or print, then right click and Copy. Then I open Word Pad and Paste. If I want save it, I go to File and Save As, or Print, or both. In this way I can create a file on anyplace I'm interested in and save a thread or just a part of it for future reference. Works For Me!

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 07:05 AM
Andrea

I guess I am computer illiterate. Please step by step explain all of this to me. I don't know how to cut/paste and of this. I just want to print my replies like I always have. Please help me!!

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 07:14 AM
xxx

Realistically, what are we to do with people like the contributor of this last post? <BR><BR>I think that Fodor's should establish a toll-free hotline to help people figure out how to open their mail and pay their electric bills. This may be preventing some people from getting online to read this thread.<BR><BR>I should be ashamed, posting something this sarcastic, without signing my real name. But you know what? I'm not. I simply am not.<BR>

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 08:40 AM
elaine

Andrea<BR>re cutting and pasting<BR>this is how I do it<BR>In Word, start a new document<BR>On this forum,<BR>Hold the left mouse button down and highlight the text you want to cut and paste<BR>Go to the Edit icon or menu wherever it appears on your computer screen,on mine it's at the top<BR>Left click your mouse on "cut"<BR>Go back to Word and again under your<BR>Edit menu left click on "paste"<BR>The text you highlighted from the forum should now appear on your Word document<BR>which you can then print or save or whatever.<BR><BR>

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 08:47 AM
albert einstein

From the above few posts it wouldn't take an Einstein to figure out why people were so challenged by the relatively minor changes introduced last week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 09:10 AM
Andrea

To the anonymous poster, I appoligize for not being of your superior being quality. I am sure it is lonely for you at most times in your superior world because I know you have no playmates. Nobody likes an asshole. To Elaine, Thanks for your help. You are a great person.

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 09:15 AM
elaine

correction!<BR>When you are highlighting the text on this forum that you want to put into word, under the Edit menu don't choose "Cut" (which won't work anyway) but choose instead "copy".<BR>Then go to your word document and<BR>under Edit choose "paste".<BR>Once you are in word, you can choose either Cut or Copy to play around with your documents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -