Search

Priceline package to Prague

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17th, 2004, 05:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Priceline package to Prague

Hi
I've never bid on a priceline package before, and I have looked at biddingfortravel.com
Priceline has a package to Prague for next April, a time when the winter discounts on air fare and on hotels are over.
They are offering RT air from JFK, 4 nights in the Marriott Hotel (good location) for a total of about $740 pp, doub occ.
The best airfare alone I can find elsewhere is $570 or so.
Priceline doesn't reveal the time of the flights and one stopover is possible, flight can depart JFK between 6am and 10pm but I know there aren't that many flights every day. The more likely downside is a lengthy layover somewhere in a European hub, so we might consider building in an extra day for a little more $$.

Just wondering if anyone has booked a similar Priceline package to Prague or elsewhere, and how it worked out.
Old Oct 17th, 2004, 06:09 AM

check out go-today.com, they have $499 for six nights.
Old Oct 17th, 2004, 09:38 AM

The maximum layover for a Priceline flight to Europe is six hours. You can find this by clicking Help at the top of the Priceline screen, and doing a search under Airline Tickets for layovers. So look for all the flights that have layover times less than that and consider them as possibilities. Also I think the flight has to be all booked on one airline, although you can have codeshares.
Old Oct 17th, 2004, 09:55 AM

Here's why something has to be a tremendous deal before I'll book on Priceline: One short trips the travel window can kill you. Your departurre could be at 10 p.m. and your return could leave at 6 a.m -- or it could be the reverse.

On a four-night package, that's a tremendous percentage of your trip that you're gambling on. My guess is there will be better packages available elsewhere -- without the gamble -- over the winter.
Old Oct 18th, 2004, 05:03 AM
Original Poster

Hi
thanks for the opinions, and I will continue to examine all options, but the great deals currently and in the past don't seem to apply past April 1
This trip with a friend will be tied to a school vacation schedule.