Priceline in Europe

Search

Priceline in Europe

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6th, 2003, 08:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Priceline in Europe

I'm travelling on the cheap to Europe this winter's break with a fellow teacher, and we're trying to go relatively cheaply. When travelling in the states with my wife and kids, I often use Priceline and have always been able to get two beds in the room (although I know this isn't guaranteed). Have any Fodorites had luck getting two beds through Priceline in Europe, particularly in London/Paris/Dublin and Zurich? We could certainly double up for a night or two if necessary, but I'd hate to think of three weeks being right next to his snoring--and he is loud.
Old Dec 6th, 2003, 10:33 PM

I can only speak for PL in London and a room with two full size beds is not standard. You will either get a room with one full bed for 2 people or two twins. I know of another person that tried getting a second bed on aother PL bid at a 5* and had to pay extra for the second bed. Also, most rooms in europe are either a single (one bed) or double (2 people with 2 twin beds) and priced accordingly, one can ask for a king size bed and most of the time will be accomodated. Hope this helps.
Old Dec 7th, 2003, 07:52 AM

I can't answer your question but wanted to mention that Paris is not, IMO, a great city for PL. Their hotels tend to be big modern chains and/or in really out of the way places. If you don't mind b & bs, I think you might do just as well with 2 single rooms in b & bs in these places, particularly if you're willing to share bath facilities.

As you may know, rooms in Europe tend to be small so even if you do manage to get 2 beds, they may not be far enough apart to solve the snoring problem .
Old Dec 7th, 2003, 11:58 AM

For four bids in Europe, I've gotten a room with two twin beds. That seems to be the default. I don't suppose you can absolutely count on it, though. As mentioned, the room is likely to be small however you book it. I would hate for your sleep to be ruined for three weeks.
Old Dec 7th, 2003, 12:05 PM

My hubby doesn't snore and I still use earplugs just so I won't hear him breathing (though that beats the alternative!) You can get Leight sleepers brand--very soft--at Long's and Rite-Aid pharmacies, and maybe at others. Since we live in the quiet country, I love the earplugs for city visits, too. Just get used to wearing them at home when you are really tired.
Old Dec 7th, 2003, 06:51 PM
Original Poster

Thanks all for your help. The only thing as fun as travelling to Europe is preparing to travel to Europe by scanning these boards.
Old Dec 7th, 2003, 07:56 PM
kr

http://pub210.ezboard.com/fpriceline...abiddingfrm255

follow the link to where u are going. Great tool for monitoring priceline