priceline.com

Old Oct 4th, 1999, 07:42 AM
teri

priceline.com

Hi:

Just wanted to see what you thought of priceline.com. I did a search on Fodors and found some useful information. Most seem to like it. I know it works well from experience flying within the U.S. What have you bid in the past to leave from the U.S. to Europe. Does it work better to wait until closer to your date? What cities are cheaper? I am just looking for examples. I think I will put in a bid for this March. The cities I am considering to fly into are Paris, Munich, Frankfurt, Rome and Amsterdam. Please share your past experience or give advice. Thank you.

Old Oct 4th, 1999, 07:51 AM
RobM

Last year, exactly 6 months prior to when we wanted to leave, I put in a bid of $270 for JFK to Frankfurt and got a ticket on Air France via Paris. It ended up costing me $344 with taxes and delivery, which was a litlle more than I thought it was going to, so be aware that taxes will be in addition to your bid.

Old Oct 5th, 1999, 09:24 AM
Topper

to the top

Old Oct 5th, 1999, 09:24 AM
Topper

to the top

Old Oct 6th, 2000, 12:31 PM
Maira

The following site has a function (QIXO)that checks several consolidators (Expedia, Travelocity, One Travel, Cheap tickets, etc...) simultaneously when you enter your schedules.

http://europe2001.cjb.net

I would check first what's out there before entering a bidding process.

Old Oct 6th, 2000, 02:20 PM
Julie

I hope you have seen the news that the company is going down the tubes. Their stock went from $105.00 a share to $6.00 a share.

Old Oct 6th, 2000, 02:53 PM
bb

Here's a web address that gives info on how to bid on Priceline:

http://pub4.ezboard.com/bpricelinean...iabidding.html

Old Oct 20th, 2000, 05:21 AM
Maira

Teri--- did you get your ticket? After Christmas the ticket prices usually drop even more for the season Jan-April.

I heard Priceline.com is closing their grocery side of business. Any input how is their travel business doing?

Old Oct 20th, 2000, 06:50 AM
Investor

Priceline. What a bankruptcy candidate that company is! When I heard they expected people to log on, bid for groceries, pay, go to the store, pick up all of the items, separate them in the cart, then stand in line to buy the non-Priceline items, I knew this was a company on the wrong track. Why would large numbers of busy people do that when you achieve the same thing by just paying attention to weekly sales and going to Costco?

Now they've figured out the folly of their business plan, which might leave them stuck just selling inconvenient plane tickets. The competition is closing in, so I think Priceline will be out of business in 1 year, 2 years max.

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 06:57 PM
gail

Maira: thanks for the tip on the Europe2001 website. I just tried it for flight info to Spain for March and it pulled together a lot of info, pretty quickly. The QIXO Alert was larger than my computer screen and wouldn't scroll down but I outfoxed it, hit enter, and signed up for a fare Alert. Thanks again.

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 03:09 AM
Lenore

Hello Gail

Went into the europe 2001 site to see what that was all about. Looks good.
By the way, when you have a screen that's too large for your computer, go up to the very very top of your computer and on the left-hand side you'll see an e (the internet symbol) Pull down the menu from that symbol and hit 'maximum'. (I know, you wouldn't think so, but hit it anyway) You'll then get a scroll bar at the bottom and the right-hand side, at which point you can maneuver normally. This works on any website where the screen is too large.
I found it quite by accident and it worked.
Try it and see if it works for you.
Lenore

Old Oct 25th, 2000, 05:04 AM
mary

I have tried to get onto the Europe2001 site for 2 days and all that happens is my computer stalls and I have to reboot!!! I go to the fast entry it says the page does not exist and then stalls. Anyone else have this problem? What is the QIXO alert?

Old Oct 26th, 2000, 02:47 PM
Jane

Anyone have any luck pulling up this site Europe2001?

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 06:49 PM
Maira

I juts did, Jane with no major problems. The scroll sidebar is tricky sometimes. You may need to play with the screen size function (mid icon from the three icons in the upper right corner).

Old Oct 28th, 2000, 07:48 AM
Don

try www.qixo.com