Search

Praque

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 05:38 AM
Traveller

Praque

I am going to Praque in the middle of September for 4 days and would be happy to get any suggestions about " a must" places to see.Also, any suggestions about 1 day local trip? ( Kutna Gura?)

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 06:02 AM
Lee

Traveller, we were in Prague for a week and didn't do or see everything that we wanted to, so keep that in mind with your plans. <BR> <BR>If you would like to see our trip notes, email me and I'll send them to you, if you would like.

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 07:41 AM
Linda

The "must see" is the Charles Bridge at night. You could spend all your time in Prague but, if you go on day trips: Kutna Hora has the church with the bone wall, Cesky Krumlov is the U.N. sanctioned city, Karlovy Vary is a German vaction favorite and has crystal.

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 07:52 AM
JY

For sights outside of Prague: Karlstejn castle has a nice view outside, but the inside isn't supposed to be great. <BR> <BR>My favorite castle was Konopiste. It's kind of hard to get there, so you might go on a tour. This castle was the residence of Archduke Franz Ferdinand, whose assassination led to WW I.

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 03:29 AM
Andrea

After living and working in Prague for the past 2.5 years I would highly recommend seeing the town at night. The Charles Bridge, Old Town Square, and the Castle are beautiful when lit at night. A walk up to Petrin Park provides another beautiful view of the city and Vltava. Day tours are easy and I'd recommend using Martin's Tour. My favorite, Cesky Krumlov is a quaint town with a very nice castle and guided tours. You will be impressed with the incredible variety of reasonable restaurants and great beer (Pivo).