Reload this Page >

Prague to Ceske Krumlov?

Search

Prague to Ceske Krumlov?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2001, 05:06 AM
Don Little

Prague to Ceske Krumlov?

I arrive in Prague on 4/25 and am planning a day trip to Cesky Krumlov on Saturday, 4/28. What is the best way to get there and back on the same day? Is it worth it to make this trip in one day, or would I be better off to pick another day trip destination? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Old Apr 17th, 2001, 06:17 AM
Grace

Hi Don, Don't recall the details, but we took a bus from Prague to CK a few years back (which I assume we thought was the most convenient). I think it took about 2 hours. I'd look carefully into departure times, etc if you are intent on visiting just as a day trip... If you have the time, CK is definitely worth an overnight stay. It's a charming fairy tale town come to life...

Old Apr 17th, 2001, 06:19 AM
Howard

Hello - There is direct bus service between Prague and Cesky Krumlov - the trip takes close to 3 hours. So if you were to leave early - say 7 AM and reuturn back for Prague at 6 PM, you would have a very long day, but enough time in CK to see the sights and soak in the atmosphere. <BR> <BR>One alternative is to visit the town of Kutna Hora - about an hour by bus or train from Prague. Not quite as quaint as CK, but still very nice and worthwhile. <BR> <BR>Having been to both - I think I would pick Kutna Hora, due to the much shorter travel times, but you could do either.

Old Apr 17th, 2001, 11:51 AM
Joe

Don: If you will return to the Czech Repuplic, do as Hward suggests. Kutna Hora is an interesting day trip from Prague. If you will not return, I would pay the price in early rise, long bus trip (perhaps sleep each way or at least on return trip), long day, etc., and go to Cesky Krumlov. It truly is an enchanting little City. I would take the latest bus back that I could in order to have some evening time in CK. You do have to understand that I am a fanatic tourer and not everybody would agree with me.

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 09:06 PM
l.h

Cesky krumlov is a magical place. There are bus tours that will take you there from prague. I think that there's a special train that runs in the summer months also. We visited in the winter and rented a car to get there from Prague. The drive was lovely. Perhaps the drive was a bit long but as it was our only foray out into the czech countryside we enjoyed it

Old Apr 21st, 2001, 05:56 AM
Don Little

Grace, Howard, Joe and Ed. Thanks for your responses on Cesky Krumlov. I have printed your responses and will discuss them with friends we meet in Prague. Your insights will help us make best use of limited time. Thanks again.

Old May 4th, 2001, 10:41 PM
Gabriel

Hi everyone! i will go to prague in august or september for at least 1 week and i want to know what´s the cost of the bus to C Krumlov and K Hora?