Prague-Single Woman Dining Alone

Old Nov 11th, 2001, 09:02 AM
Bub

Prague-Single Woman Dining Alone

I'm a single woman dining alone in Prague. Can anyone reccomend places that are reasonably priced, where I can dine alone, perhaps bring along a good book and not feel uncomfortable?

Old Nov 11th, 2001, 09:06 AM
Lee

Bub, I travel alone on business and know the feeling. I usually bring along a travel book, so I can plan our next trip and that keeps me occupied.

We were in Prague last year and if you email me, I'll send you a copy of our trip notes with some eating establishments.

Old Nov 11th, 2001, 09:18 AM
xxx

In addition to a book, you might want to consider bringing along a crossword puzzle to work on while you're waiting for your food.

I've always found that it's most comfortable to dine solo a little earlier in the evening, before the rush of the dinner crowd. I find that stopping in for an early dinner around 3:30 or 4 pm, allows me the choice of the best table in the restaurant and the staff tends to be so welcoming. Since I eat so early, I ask them to pack me up a dessert for later, or I stop by and pick up a pastery at a local bakery later on my way back to my hotel. And since I do so much walking on my vacations, I always figure that I can get by with the extra indulgence.

Old Nov 11th, 2001, 10:10 AM
Leslie

When will you be in Prague? I'll be there from November 15th, departing on the 24th. If you would like to join me for dinner, just email me, and I will give you the name of the hotel I am staying at.

Leslie

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 01:04 AM
Christine

Try Meduzy (corner of Ujedz and Melnicka, Mala Strana)great food, relaxed atmosphere and very reasonably priced.

Old Nov 14th, 2001, 05:32 AM
Careful!

Bub, I wouldn't be so quick to give my information.