Reload this Page >

Prague in February---bad idea??

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2001, 08:55 AM
curious

hi all-- <BR> <BR>I may be able to scrape a couple of vacation days together in Feb. and tack them on the the Presidents Day weekend...Would love to go to Prague, but is mid-Feb. a bad time (weather-wise), to be there... <BR> <BR>thanks in advance...c

Old May 13th, 2001, 04:19 PM
Vickie

Prague is delightful, and I think at its best, in the winter. I'm living in Prague temporarily (since January) and am in love with this city, but it becomes increasingly crowded with tourists as spring arrives and summer is simply packed. I really liked it best back in February. The winter's haze makes the gorgeous views fairytale-like and the starkness provides full view of the architecture. The night lighting of the city is simply spectacular and with a dusting of snow you get a special treat. You won't risk the frequent showers that come in spring. And as you'll be doing a lot of walking, you'll appreciate the cool weather.

Old May 13th, 2001, 04:34 PM
Sue

Six of us were in Prague in January. The weather was cold, but some of the days were very sunny. I loved being there in the cold. You can go into the bars and eat their hearty food and dringk beer, and have great coffee in the afternoon. It is very cozy. It was not too cold to walk around and enjoy yourself, but we are from New England. It gets colder here. Have fun.

Old May 13th, 2001, 06:39 PM
curious

Thanks so much for your responses...looks like the trip is a go <BR> <BR>one more question..any information on the Domus Henrici hotel? Good location (near the castle), easy to get around to the various areas, etc. Any suggestions would be helpful. Or, should we shell out for the Hotel Savoy? <BR> <BR>Thanks!!

Old May 14th, 2001, 08:31 AM
dan woodlief

I haven't even been there in the winter, but I can tell you I think Prague is a city that would be accentuated by those conditions because of the architecture and the hordes of tourists that can detract from the atmosphere in the warm months. I would love to see and photograph snow in Prague.