Prague in August

Search

Prague in August

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2005, 09:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prague in August

Hi – How is the weather like in Prague in August? Can you please share your experience regarding the weather, crowds and other information relevant to a tourist? Thanks!
Old Mar 27th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Original Poster

Just to clarify:

All I want to know is how the weather is in August and how crowded it gets?
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 07:03 AM

Hallo zbjoon,
it can be really warm in Prague in August. The temperature can go above 30 degrees, only the nights are not so warm any more.
Because of the summer holidays there are a lot of Prague inhabitants away, on their summer houses, travel all over the country or abroad.
It's no peak as tourists crowds regards in August because of the temperature.
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 07:26 AM

I was in Prague last August. The tourist hotspots (the "big" squares) were busy as predicted, but the queues were short or non-existant for major attractions.

As for the weather, it was sunny, and even when it rained temperatures did not drop that much. it's the sort of weather where you can wear a short-sleeved top underneath and unlined jacket.
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 06:14 PM

Well, I have been to Prague in August for the past 7 years. The weather can vary dramatically in the summer, but lately it's been really hot. Sometime in mid-August, it will cool down significantly, especially at night, as someone else already mentioned. I bring a variety of clothes, and have worn everything from linen tops to leather jackets in the summer. It's really hard to predict ahead of time, so at least bring one sweater & a light jacket. You can always go shopping there, if you find that you didn't bring sufficient items..
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 01:46 AM

However, it's crowdy in Prague all over the year, but the tops are the spring, autumn and the period around the Christmas.
If you want to enjoy the hot-spots, you can better go there (really) early in the morning or in the evening. Prague Castle at about 2 p.m. is in spite of its beauty terrible, you can't simply walk because of those crowds.
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Original Poster

Hi mmfromam - I had given up on this post since I did not see a reply for several days. I just noticed the responses. Thanks for activating it.

I recommend Prague to a friend who is going there in August with young kids. Since I ended up walking a lot in Prague, I wanted to make sure it is not inconveniently hot.

Thanks to all for your responses.
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 07:07 PM

I remember it being so hot a couple days that I was wearing a spaghetti strap sundress and was comfortable.
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 07:22 PM

I was in Prague in late July this past summer. It was positively chilly! I wore my jean jacket almost daily, especially in the morning. I just can't imagine it being that hot in Prague.