Notices

Prague Hotel w/parking

Old Aug 6th, 1999, 01:45 PM
Suzanne

Prague Hotel w/parking

Can anyone recommend a fairly central pension or hotel in Prague that also has parking? Looking for reasonably priced room with private bath and prefer charm over luxury. Going early September.

Old Aug 7th, 1999, 04:16 AM
Maira

Suzanne, just in the event that you find the perfect hotel, with no parking facilities, keep in mind the Prague Hilton. They have a secured, covered parking that non-guests can use. We stayed at the Hotel Opera, left the car at the Hilton and used the subway whenever necessary (very cheap!).

Old Aug 7th, 1999, 09:21 PM
Linda

We stayed at Penzion Balbin on Balbinova near the Muzeum Metro & Wenceslas Square. There is parking right outside as it is an apartment building. The penzion is on the top floors and has an elevator after the first short flight of stairs. You get a nice clean room with shower & toilet in room, serve yourself breakfast, helpful English-speaking staff, skylights, and within a 5-10 minute walk from just about anywhere. It was around $80/night for 2 last year during high season. We got our reservations through AVE Accommodations at www.avetravel.cz

Old Aug 8th, 1999, 04:21 PM
Georgine

Our last trip to Praha (April'99)we stayed at the Pension Dientzenhofer. My requirements were the same as yours ---central location, reasonable, clean and comfortable with secure parking that didn't cost in New York City prices.

We found the Pension Dientzenhofer on the following web site: http://www.abaka.com . Once you're on the site, select Praha #1 which is central Prague. It is the 16th century, restored birthplace of one of the Dienttzenhofer's respnosiblible for much of the architectural gems in Prague as well as Bamberg, Germany. It's located 3 short blocks from the Charles Bridge in Mala Strana (Little Town). Doubles were under $100.00 with breakfast. A suite, actually two bedrooms and a bath, was about $108.00. Parking was an extra $6.00 in a gated courtyard. The pension's terrace and garden faces the Certovka (Devil's Stream), which is the creek between Kampa Island and the Vltava River. The managing family (both of whom spoke English) were a delight and very helpful. The Dientzenhofer is no Hilton or Marriott, but the location and price couldn't be better. Rooms have built-in wall safes, satellite TV with CNN and a small bar in the reception area for cool drinks after a long sightseeing day. If you want something a bit more upscale--the Residence Nosticova across the street was very lovely --also on the same web site. There was a tram stop one block away where 6 different tram lines stopped--very convenient. I made my reservations by phone directly with the pension and promptly received a fax confirmation.

Old Aug 11th, 1999, 04:53 AM
Joe

It's nice to hear about the Ditzenhoffer. We stayed there in July '97 on a visit to Prague, Berlin, and Vienna, and it was the find of the trip: relatively inexpensive but very comfortable in a great location. And the hosts were friendly and helpful.

Old Feb 1st, 2000, 06:42 AM
sandi

I know the other posts were quite some time ago, but I'll throw my 2 cents worth in case someone does a search for this info..I stay at Hotel Salvator in Prague in Oct.'99. It takes about 5 minutes to walk to the old square and you pass a wonderful market on the way. The hotel lets you park inside the courtyard for very little money. It's amazing how many cars that fit in there. You don't need a car in the city anyway. We walked everywhere (3 women) and the only harassment was from the guys handing out flyers to all the wonderful concerts in town. Exciting, beautiful and full of history.

Old Feb 11th, 2000, 01:53 AM
Martia

If you are not sure about choosing the hotel, you can visit www.oktours.cz. This page belongs to travel agency but there are many useful information (hotel descriptions, sightseeing tours, etc.)