Prague & Vienna

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 07:38 PM
walter

Prague & Vienna

We will be in Prague for 3 days and Vienna for 2. Looking for places to stay centrally located but on the "reasonable" side. Also suggestions for highlights to see. Any help would be apprecaited.

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 07:47 PM
Marc David Miller

Take a look at previous postings under Austria and Czech republic--you will see dozens of such recommendations.

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 10:51 PM
Linda

Check nethotels.com for both cities and www.avetravel.cz for Prague. My recommendations would be in Vienna: Hotelpension Arenberg-4-star inside the Ring and Hotel Drei Kronen-3-star just outside the ring; in Prague: Pension Balbin, near the Muzeum Metro and Wenceslas Square.
Don't miss the Charles Bridge at night in Prague.

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 11:56 PM
Clare

Walter
I've stayed at Hotel Maximillion in Prague before - a great hotel but not really well known. It's run by Golden Tulip (www.goldentulip.com) but 5 mins walk from the old town and not well known enough still to have okay rates.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 02:28 AM
Victoria

Can't help much in Vienna; lack of proper planning put us in a non-plusing Holiday Inn near the Kettenbrucchen gasse station (although the hotel did have delicious breakfast.) The walk to the U-Bahn was about two blocks. In Prague we stayed at the Hotel Kinsky Garden in New Town. Small rooms, but very comfortable, and a half-block walk to the trams.