Reload this Page >

Prague and Budapest hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 02:37 PM
Daniel

Hello,<BR><BR>Can anyone give me some references (either good or bad) about the following hotels?<BR><BR>Prague: Holiday Inn<BR><BR>Budapest: Ibis Centrum<BR><BR>Thanks.

Old Apr 1st, 2001, 06:09 AM
peter

cannot comment on those two but the movenpick in prague and the novotel in budapest were very good, just got back and had no complaints aboout either

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 01:49 AM
Laura Noblejas

Have booked the Holiday Inn in Prague - near the Congress Centre. It wasn't recommended to me but would be interested in any comments you may get from other people who have stayed there.<BR>A Czech lady I met told me the Holiday Inn is the most expensive hotel in Prague and that I should stay somewhere else for better value. I am still looking for alternatives.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 10:08 AM
Barry

Hi Daniel -<BR><BR>We returned from those 2 cities in March... I don't know about those hotels... but I will give you 2 suggestions...<BR><BR>In Budapest we stayed at the Mercure Korona ... excellent hotel (4 star) ... not expensive... very newly remodeled rooms... great breakfasts... fantastic location near the Great Market Hall, Vaci Utca, etc.... right at the National Museum... good access to the Metro and buses and trams... AAA+++<BR><BR>In Prague we stayed at the K+K Fenix ...just off Wenceslas Square (great location) nice rooms.... very quiet... excellent breakfasts.... they prepared us a wonderful private dinner with wine and freshly baked strudel for $25.00 pp! Walking distance to Charles Bridge, etc.<BR><BR>Have a great trip gt<BR><BR>Barry

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 02:30 PM
Christina

I haven't stayed there, but I know where it is and have seen it online (Holiday Inn Prague) and it is not the most expensive hotel in Prague. Given it's level of decor etc that would be incredible. I've seen its rates, anyway, and I know they aren't the most expensive in Prague (about $150-175/double room in high season). I suspect the new Four Seasons or the Savoy, Intercontinental, Palace, etc are the most expensive. However, I don't think that is even in central Prague (Congress Centre), it's in district 4 south of the city and is mainly for conventions and business uses (I think that hotel used to be for meetings of the Communist Party). I would never stay there as a tourist. There are many nice hotels in Prague in the central area that are very easy to find (lots of web sites with Prague hotels, eg: www.maryz.cz, www.praguehotels.cz, www.avetravel.cz/hotels.html, www.hotelsczech.com). The hotel stock isn't as plentiful or good as a city like Paris, of course, but there are many online web sites with lots of listings. Just pick something in Prague 1 for central city. My favorite hotel in Prague is the 4-star Hotel Maximilian. However, Daniel, if you're considering the Ibis, I guess you want something a little lower budget than that. Well, if you're willing to pay about $150 in Prague, there are plenty around.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 02:33 PM
Christina

excuse the typo, that is www.marys.cz<BR>few more<BR>http://www.abaka.com<BR>http://www.prague-hotel-reservation.com/

Old Nov 28th, 2012, 03:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Holiday Inn Prague is great hotel and definitely it isn´t the most expensive hotel in Prague. Prices are acceptable for this place (in the centre of Prague), ideal for conference, congress meeting.
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 03:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
jakub - this thread is 10 years old. why revive it?