Reload this Page >

Posting problems

Search

Posting problems

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 05:13 AM
dsw

Posting problems

is anyone else having trouble posting a new message to a particular country?

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 05:14 AM
xxx

This is the Europe board. I don't believe you can post a message "to a particular country"

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 06:44 AM
Eva

Of course you can post to a particular country. I think that the boards in general are being really slooooow lately. Too many people on the boards probably.

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 08:06 AM
Tony

If you want your message to show up under a particular country, try putting the country's name in the subject line or text of the message.

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 09:36 AM
Art

When you post a new message, you MUST choose eithor 'GENERAL INTEREST' or a specific country. If everyone does this it makes searching much easier. You simply choose the country from the pull down list and click search. <BR>

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 03:55 PM
Bobbe

I, too, have had the same problem. Can't get my question into the country category - it just stays in "general interest" where it gets buried. I've tried having the destination in the subject line and, of course, it's in the question. I have even sent emails to Fodor's ("Contact Us" on the home page, but I have never received a response. Only rarely (once or twice, maybe) have my questions come up under the UK section (where I've specified). On the other hand, I've found that sooner or later someone else will post the same or similar question as mine (except in one case that was very specific, about a particular village). This web site is invaluable for travel planning, so I would also be interesed to know if there are any other tips r ways to get the question directed to the right country.

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 04:01 PM
Rex

After a year and a half here, I still don't know what people mean by "IN" a category. The only way you would know if a thread is "IN" a category would be if the search engine worked. And the search engine doesn't work in any predictable reliable way. Especially for relatively recent posts. So how does any one know if a thread is in or not in a category? <BR> <BR>