Positano hotel

Jan 30th, 2001, 07:11 PM
Tim Murnin

Positano hotel

Has anyone stayed in Le Agavi in Positano? I'm hoping to take my wife there for our 5th anniversary and wanted some advice. Any hotels in Capri you can recommend would be great as well.

Thanks!

Jan 31st, 2001, 04:29 AM
wendy

I stayed at Le Agavi in August. I thought that it was wonderful. The view was amazing, the pool great, breakfast good, and I enjoyed the location of being on the top of the cliff. For some reason, most people do not know of this hotel. I would go back in a minute. Any questions, email.

Jan 31st, 2001, 05:51 PM
wendy

I like the Sireneuse...it is a 4**** with a resort feel while being charming and relaxing and named by Conde Nast in February as one of the best. Unusual because they usually list the unaffordable expensive locations. Doubles are $175-200.
Good luck!

Jul 2nd, 2001, 09:04 AM
Tim

Well, we tried the Le Agavi for a night - yuck!

The room was TERRIBLE - tiny and dark as a cave (No windows and a very small glass door leading to the terrace) with awful decor. Hallways stank like indstrial disinfectant. The pool deck was actually ASTROTURF, as was the private "beach" area.

The staff couldn't have cared less about any of our probelms. In fact, when we decided to leave early, they simply said "Good Bye" - no inquiries as to why, or offers to correct any of the problems.

I wouldn't worry so much about the trek into town - the bus service is ok, but the hotel itself was so terrible (and not particularly cheap), that I'd never go back.

Jul 2nd, 2001, 11:37 AM
Bryan

I am researching our trip to Positano in late September of this year.

From what I read the San Pietro is the nicest. Is this true? Is it worth the price for those who have had the pleasure?

Jul 2nd, 2001, 06:41 PM
Mikki

I'm just back from Le Sirenuse in Positano. The rooms start (high season) at around $335 and go up.

I didn't see inside San Pietro, but it looked beautiful from the water. It's a bit out of town which may be a positive. You may also want to look at Santa Caterina in Amalfi...we LOVED it!