popular toys and games in Spain

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 04:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My son's 8th grade class is doing research in preparation for a upcoming trip to Spain. We're having trouble finding information about toys and games that are currently popular. Can anyone give me a lead? Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 02:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check the following website:

http://www.ehu.es/zer/zer6/4garita.htm

It contains the results of a study conducted by the Media Research Group- London School of Economics and Politics on the use and consumption of mass media and electronics equipment by Spanish children. The abstract is in English, BUT the study is written in Spanish. There are many resources listed in the References section.

In a synopsis, TV and video games are the main sources of entertainment for Spainish children, not too far from the American kids. There seems to be a difference on the amount of times spend doing both with averages of 2.5 hours/kid for videos and one hour watching cartoons, series, etc... On average, the TV is never on in the mornings and video games are not as accesible as in the US with local libraries as the main source (rentals).