plz help with dublin hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2004, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Am starting to do research for my 1st trip to Ireland, and need your opinions on these 3 hotels. At this time nothing is being ruled out, but these seem to be good rates. Not looking for an "americanized" hotel, but won't rule them out either at this point (budget is important).
Thanks for your help.
Monica

Jurys Inn Christchurch $117
Mespil Hotel $99
Best Western Central $154.27
Old May 28th, 2004, 12:29 AM

I haven't stayed in any of them, so can only comment on location. The Mespil is in a good location just off Baggot Street. It's about a 20 minute walk from Grafton Street & Stephens Green, or a short bus journey.

Jurys Inn in Christchurch is in a great location. It's right in the heart of the city - within walking distance of Grafton Street, O'Connell Street, Trinity College, Temple Bar, etc. I have stayed in other Jurys Inn Hotels - in Galway, Cork, Limerick and Manchester. They're all very similar. They are clean and reasonably priced, but a little lacking in atmosphere.

The Best Western is probably the best location-wise - it's very close to Grafton Street and also within walking distance of everywhere in the city.
Old May 28th, 2004, 01:33 AM

The best western Central is an excellent location. They have a library bar that sed to be our quiet meeting place in town and now everyone has discovered it...shame. It's very central in the city

The Mespil is nice as well. More in a residential area that is nice in the summertime and close to good pubs and restaurants. You would be in the town centre in 5 minutes by bus. I like the area.

Jurys is also a good location like the Central hotel. I like the first two a bit better. I had some hassle recently with Jurys and they are in my bad books at the moment (Nothing to do with rooms etc.)
Old May 28th, 2004, 04:52 AM

Jurys best on all counts. Trust me.
Old May 28th, 2004, 05:52 AM

I'm not a fan of the Jurys inns, but that's just me. The Mespil is very very nice. There's a few other options around the city centre too: The Trinity Capital is one (I stayed in a fairly small & basic single, but there are probably better rooms).

-- Viola
Old May 29th, 2004, 04:48 AM

Hi mishoe01,

You don't say how many people will be travelling, but you might like to know that the rooms at Jury's Inn will accomodate 3 adults.

My wife, her mother & sister always stay there when they visit Dublin.

Jim
Old May 29th, 2004, 05:49 PM

We stayed at the Mercer Hotel in April. Great location and was nice, small, but nice. Check it out!