Reload this Page >

Please suggest an inexpensive hotel in Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 1999, 03:09 PM
Bill

Hello, my wife and I will be travelling to Rome in mid-march for 8 days. Can anyone suggest an inexpensive but clean and fairly centrally located place?

Old Jan 22nd, 1999, 08:07 AM
michele

Search back in this forum for information on the convents. Many of them are far more pleasant than most hotels. Most of them offer private bathrooms and breakfast.

Old Jan 22nd, 1999, 02:00 PM
richard j. vicek`

Good afternoon, Bill <BR>Three web sites to check out <BR> <BR>www.virtualrome.com/ <BR>www.hotelguide.ch/ search ROME unlimited listing of hotels.. <BR>www.venere.it/ <BR> <BR>Richard of Hickory Hills, Il.... <BR>

Old Jan 23rd, 1999, 08:01 AM
Anna

Hi, I've stayed at these 2 places in Rome: <BR>Hotel Flavio - double without bath was L110,000. We had a balcony, the hotel <BR>is located on a tiny street about 2 blocks from the Colosseum and Forum, quiet location. (06)679-7203 fax679-6246 <BR>Pension Alimandi - double without bath L115,000. Less than a block from the <BR>entrance of the Vatican Museum. Farther from a metro stop than the Flavio (~6 <BR>blocks). Rooms are nicer than the Flavio, however. 397-26300 fax 397-23943 <BR>Both places have rooms with bathrooms for around L150,000.

Old Jan 26th, 1999, 07:17 AM
Joe Lomax

Another resource in addition to Richard's is Romeguide at: <BR>http://www.romeguide.it/FrameSeting.html <BR>It has a very good list of convents in its accomodations. A good ** hotel is the Adriatico between the Piazza Risorgimento and the Castel S. Angelo. I do not know the current prices, but I suspect they are similar to the ones in Anna's post.