Please help with planning provence...

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 26th, 2007, 06:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really need some help in this as my husband and I are travelling to Avignon for 3 days and then going on to Nice for another 3 days.Since time is short and we will be using public transport i thought of seeking the advise of all the veterans who travel to these places regularly so pl pl do help.. We reach avignon on sat so thot of spendingthe entire day there.Then on sun we are thinking of taking the train to l'isle-sur-la-sorgue and then moving on to rousillon as there is a pottry fair there on the 2nd and 3rd of June.Now monday becomes a problem as In arles all the shops are closed.. SO can you suggest a place, maybe orange?? where everything will be open..Looking foward to your advise..
Old May 26th, 2007, 06:43 AM

That's the problem with not having a car in that region.

I would visit St Remy & then Les Baux on Monday. Many shops (but not my wife's favorites) will be open on Mondays in St Remy, and I suspect that all the stores in les Baux will be open. Not certain that itinerary will fill an entire day, however.

Some stores in Avignon will likely open Monday afternoon (3:00) - same with Arles, but we've never been there on a Monday afternoon. While in Avignon on Sat, check the store closing days & hours to get a hint of what's happening in Arles. Some do not post hours, so ask. Orange will be just like Avignon, Arles, Aix etc with the shop closings.

We'll be at the l'Isle sur la Sorgue market on June 3.

Stu Dudley
Old May 27th, 2007, 03:05 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Stu for your help..
Old May 27th, 2007, 03:08 AM
Original Poster

Also will try and locate you in the market-probably like a needle in the hay stack adage!!!All I can say is that if you see a petit Indian with lots of silver jewellery and an eyebrow ring thats me!!!Since Roussillon is out on sunday as its not accessible by public transport can we do someplace else after the market???????pl pl do let me know..
Old May 27th, 2007, 07:13 AM

Have you checked the bus schedules between l'Isle sur la Sorgue & Gordes & Roussillon??. Call or e-mail the tourist office in l'Isle sur la Sorgue & see if they have any info on buses, or taxis or excursions.

Stu Dudley
Old May 29th, 2007, 03:06 AM
Original Poster

Thank you stu, will do...