Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Please help with feedback on 3 Paris hotels

Jun 16th, 2001, 05:19 PM
Melissa

Can anyone give me feedback on Hotel D'Aubusson, L'Astor, and Hotel de Fleurie? Going to Paris Sept 10th. Also, are there any boat/sightseeing tours that are worth taking? Thanks!

Jun 16th, 2001, 07:32 PM
Al

Sorry, but we can't help with the hotels. But catch the bateau mouche (sightseeing boat) on the right bank of the Pont d'Alma to see all the main riverside places along the Seine. As for a good bus tour, there is a wonderful red double-decker bus that circles the main spots around central Paris. Your ticket is good for two days of getting on or off as you please.

Jun 17th, 2001, 09:28 AM
Amelia

I saw your message about the tours. We are going soon and I am hoping you can tell me how to get tickets to these tours.

Jun 17th, 2001, 10:18 AM
Boots

You don't need the tickets in advance. Parisbus sells the tickets as you get on the bus at any of its 9 stops. I assume Opentour does the same. You can buy the tickets for the boat tours where you get on the boat. In addition to les Bateaux Mouches, les Vedettes de Paris leave from Pont Neuf--in case you happen to be closer to that departure point. I took the Canal Tour last month, and I would not suggest anyone waste time on that. We mainly looked at the green moss on the locks as they were opened to let us through. But the boat tours are very nice, especially at night, in my opinion.

Jun 17th, 2001, 07:03 PM
Melissa

Thanks Al and Boots for the information. Every little bit helps me plan our trip!

Jun 18th, 2001, 04:40 AM
elaine

I stayed at the d'Aubusson last December and have nothing but praise for it:
Location excellent, decor excellent, services and attitude excellent.
They sell the museum pass in the lobby.
They offer either a continental or full buffet breakfast.
5-minute walk to either Odeon or St Michel metro stops.
IMO, the Vedettes de Pont Neuf are the best Seine boat ride. You don't really do it for sightseeing per se, but to
just see the beauties of Paris from the river. The night time cruise (without dinner) will show you Paris as The City of Lights.

Jun 18th, 2001, 08:31 AM
wendy

I second the D'Aubusson! First for the LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION! One block from the river, near many shops and metros, cafes and restaurants. Secondly, the rooms are larger than other hotels, although not huge, with luxurious toiletries and marble baths. There is a lovely bar situated in a salon with antique fireplace, piano bar etc... and they know how to treat a guest! I'll be there in September and again in January.
Bon Voyage!
Wendy

Jun 18th, 2001, 10:37 AM
Bill

I have not been to a bad hotel yet that charges between $225 and $375 as does the Hotel D'Aubusson. If you're willing to spend that much, location is the only criteria to use.