Reload this Page >

Please help me with Santorini, Greece hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 05:59 AM
Laura

We are planning a trip in late September to Santorini and a few other islands. Our first two choices for hotels in Santorini (Katikies and Esperas) are completely booked. Does anyone have other suggestions - we would prefer $125 - $175 per night. <BR>Thank you. <BR>

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 06:34 AM
Ellen

Try Altana. We are staying there for 5 nights in September. Its in your price range, too.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 08:42 AM
lisa

You might try Hotel Hellas in Fira Town on Santorini. tel. (0286) 23555-22782 or fax (0286) 23840. Someone I know stayed there and gave me a brochure. Looks good. They loved it and said it was inexpensive.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 08:59 AM
Monica

Here's what I wrote on my travel page (http://www.luvtotravel.homestead.com/home.html) from our trip to Greece in May: <BR> <BR>Enigma Apartments <BR>Fira, Santorini <BR>Phone: 0286-24024 <BR>Fax: 0286-24023 <BR>email: [email protected] <BR>Studio 37.000DR with breakfast (about $98/night) <BR>Credit cards are not accepted <BR>A Class Hotel <BR>[email protected] <BR>Ms. Heidi Trianta /Manager <BR> <BR> <BR>"Enigma Traditional Apartments are located in the heart of Fira City, on the face of its cliffs, thus offering a magnificent panoramic view of the volcano, the old picturesque port and its fortress. This luxury complex consists of 8 individual very tastefully furnished and traditionally styled apartments, which can accommodate 2 to 5 persons. Each apartment has its own terrace overlooking the volcano, the Aegean Sea and the most breathtaking sunsets in the world." <BR> <BR> <BR>I agree! We were in apartment #3 and enjoyed the views of the caldera and sunsets from our own <BR>balcony/terrace. Our bed, a queen, was up in the loft. Our apartment had a kitchen (just used the refrigerator), full bathroom with hair dryer, (no shower curtain) and a step down to the toilet and shower; <BR>living room. Also, there was a safe in the closet; and a t.v. There are lots of steps to these hotels that hang on the cliff of Fira. Be prepared! We had breakfast at their terrace cafe. There's a bar to enjoy drinks and music in the evenings.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 09:31 AM
Thyra

We really REALLY enjoyed staying at the Loucas hotel right in the center of the Caldera in Fira... for only $77.00 per night we got a lovely room, balcony, spa and mosaic tile pool right on the rim, transfers to and from the hotel and b-fest. Definately a highlight of our stay!!! You can look them up on the web. We got their info from Frommer's Guide Books.

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 09:39 AM
sue

I loved the Hotel Kavalari in Fira overlooking the caldera. Our first room was dark and unimpressive, but they gave us another room which was fabulous. I think they have a website.

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 05:59 PM
Felicia

Try Santorini Palace. <BR>Also, try Dilos.com and do a search on hotels in Santorini. There are a lot that give you instant availability. <BR>Good luck. <BR>Felicia