Search

please help

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 10:04 PM
blemke

please help

Hi,<BR>We will be flying into Rome staying for 3 days...then taking the train...we would like to visit Assisi, Siena, Florence and Cinque Terre...where should we make our base for these cities.........then on to Venice<BR>thanks

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 05:22 AM
Tom

There is no single base for the four destinations you list in central Italy. Arrezzo comes closest, for aqll but Cinque Terre. Spend one night in Assisi, then three in Florence. You can day trip to Siena by bus (better than train because of big walk up the hill from the train station into the old city).<BR>

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 08:39 AM
blemke

Hi,<BR>With the 3 days in Florence...I could day trip to Cinque Terre & back...same day by train or bus???

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 08:47 AM
anon

I guess a person could "base" in Washington, DC and day trip to Atlantic City, Monticello, and Pennsylvania's Amish country.<BR><BR>But why?<BR>

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 02:36 PM
up

up<BR>

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 07:42 PM
blemke

<BR><BR>I think the message before this one are on the wrong board.....<BR>they can guess which they shoould be on<BR>....<BR>ps why aren/t message like these just delete off...

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 08:00 PM
Evidently

That post was directed straight at you. Pointing out how silly is the concept.<BR>