Reload this Page >

PLEASE HELP! 1st time to Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 12:49 AM
heather

WE NEED HELP!! My husband and I are going to rome soon and need to book a hotel fast! We will only be there for 3 days so location is important. Other than that a clean room with its own bathroom&shower are our only must-haves. I want to stay in a central location for $100 - $150 / night (double room). Can anyone recommend a good hotel?

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 04:37 AM
Rex

Haven't stayed there personally, but recent post from Monica (mpileggi) cites Hotel Smeraldo, and I believe that she gives good advice.<BR><BR>http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=2&tid=1343787<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 04:39 AM
elaine

heather<BR>try looking at www.venere.it, a much praised resource and booking service.<BR>I have a file on Rome; if you'd like to see it, email me.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 05:56 AM
Wayne

You might also try the Strand Palace Hotel, which has offered some pretty good deals within your price range.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 05:57 AM
Wayne

Please ignore my last posting. I must have gotten up too early today. I was thinking of London, not Rome. I'm terribly sorry for the unconscious mistake.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 05:59 AM
ellen

Try Albergo Cesari. Good location. Single was $100 a night so double would probably in your price range.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 06:27 AM
Book Chick

Try Casa Howard. Just returned from Rome about 10 days ago & stayed here. Had a room with an attached bath & king-size bed & it was about $133 per night. It's in a great location, too, not too far away from the Spanish Steps. Phone is 39.06.69.924555 and their e-mail is [email protected] and they usually reply fairly promptly. The fax # is 39.06.6794644. They're extremely helpful & will take very good care of you, helping you in any way they can if you need restaurant recommendations, anything ironed, a ride to/from the airport, etc.<BR><BR>Buon Viaggio,<BR>BC

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 09:11 AM
dan woodlief

You could try Residenza San Pantaleo or Hotel Primavera, located in the same building about a one minute walk from Piazza Navona. They were about $100-$110 a night in October.

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 09:55 AM
Carol

We stayed at the Portoghesi. The location is perfect and the price might be in your range depending on the time of year. <BR><BR>If you have any questions, just write me.