Reload this Page >

Please advise on Itinerary!

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2002, 06:29 PM
Kelly

We're planning our honeymoon & we've never been to Europe before. Here are the details and any information or advice you could give would be appreciated. Nothing has been booked...this is what we're looking at:<BR><BR>July 2003 for 2 weeks:<BR><BR>Cannes - 3 nights - Hotel Majestic or Hotel Martinez<BR><BR>Rapallo - 4 nights - Excelsior Palace Hotel<BR><BR>Florence - 2 nights - Hotel Savoy<BR><BR>Lake Como area or Lake Garda - 4 nights - No idea on the hotel<BR><BR>

Old May 30th, 2002, 06:37 PM
Rex

Congratulations. When is this wedding/honeymoon? This is slightly ambitious for a first trip to Europe, but you've come to the right place. I hope you have a month or two (or four) to plan this) - - or plenty of money!<BR><BR>Do you have air travel plans made yet? Do you plan to fly into Nice, fly home from Milan?<BR><BR>There are a number of good hotel choices at Como (Menaggio, Bellagio, Varenna) or at Garda (Sirmione, Garda, Riva, Malcesine).<BR><BR>What price range? Perhaps familiarity with the hotels you have listed would indicate, but I don't know any of these hotels personally that you mentioned.<BR><BR>Anyhow, congratulations on your new life in marriage.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old May 30th, 2002, 06:52 PM
Jean

Please factor in your travel time between cities. For example, you say two nights in Florence, but you'll probably only have one full day to see all of the treasures this city offers. Personally, I would prefer a honeymoon with more relaxation than your itinerary provides.

Old May 30th, 2002, 06:57 PM
Shannon

Hotel Martinez in Cannes is great. Especially if you're there for Bastille Day. Just look out the window overlooking the Med. and watch the fireworks!

Old May 31st, 2002, 04:37 AM
up

up<BR>

Old May 31st, 2002, 11:47 AM
Sarah

I think you have a good itinerary. I stayed at the Excelsior Palace and enjoyed it. It is a great location and not too expensive. It's not too far from Portofino and other small towns around there to explore. Enjoy!

Old May 31st, 2002, 11:51 AM
xxx

It's blasphemy to many on this board, but I'd suggest skipping Florence altogether. We were just there and found it the least relaxing and least enjoyable part of our trip. If you're into art, however, you won't want to miss it.

Old May 31st, 2002, 06:45 PM
Tanya

You have a good itinerary, but I think you might be doing more than you should for your first trip to Europe. I'm not sure that you will want this kind of trip after a wedding. Although everyone is different, and you have to decide what is right for you.

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 09:11 PM
xxx

!