pleasant florence hotels

Mar 5th, 2002, 11:05 AM
jacob

pleasant florence hotels

we will be in florence in early september and would like suggestions for clean,pleasant and centrally located hotel for under 200euros with these essentials:

centrally located near the arno.
private bath!
nonsmoking room
air conditioning

i noticed the balestri and it seems just right although a bit expensive. any productive input would certainly be appreciated.

jacob

Mar 5th, 2002, 11:06 AM
Marj

Hotel Casci, www.hotelcasci.com. Do a text search on it here for many good comments.

Mar 5th, 2002, 11:17 AM
dena

Hi Jacob! I stayed at Il Guelfo Bianco on Via Cavour in Florence about 2 years ago. They probably have a web site. Great little hotel and great location. Very helpful staff, room was clean and neat. Good luck!

Mar 5th, 2002, 11:43 AM
Book Chick

Hi Jacob,
You may want to check out the Hotel Pitti Palace. A number of my friends & relatives stayed there when I attended school & "dormed" in Florence. It has everything you're asking for, plus a breakfast terrace on the 6th floor with a great view of Florence.
Buon Viaggio,
BC

Mar 5th, 2002, 07:12 PM
sam

the balestri is a great choice although on the more expensive side.

Mar 5th, 2002, 08:10 PM
Sherry

Jacob. Check out www.caffelletto.it. We are staying at the Residenza Apostoli picked on this site. It is very near the Arno, is air conditioned, private bath but I do not know about non smoking. The price is 130 Euros. I can't let you know the final verdict until I get back. It isn't very well known on the Forum, but looks nice. I posted about it and got good feedback but cannot now bring it up. After I booked I noticed it was mentioned in Rick Steves. We decided to take a chance mainly because of the location.
e-mail:[email protected]