plays in London in November

Oct 14th, 2002, 12:39 PM
natalia

plays in London in November

I never posted at this forum, but got a lot of useful information. I would ask for advise about seeing a play in London between Nov 23-28. I will be traveling with 2 girls (16 and 7) and husband. Some idea I have is a Complete Shakespeare and Lion King. Would you recommend something else?

Oct 14th, 2002, 01:57 PM
Kim

Yes, I highly recommend Mama Mia, I saw it in London last week and it was wonderful. Don't think it is too crude for a 16 year old and the 7 year old will not get some parts, but will enjoy the music and great spirit of the show. ENJOY!!

Oct 14th, 2002, 02:44 PM
Marta

I think The Play What I Wrote will be on then.

Oct 14th, 2002, 02:49 PM
natalia

Thanks,
We saw Mama Mia here, so keep yoour suggestions coming.

Oct 14th, 2002, 08:45 PM
Sylvia

Natalia, I don't know how you can go wrong with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. It opened recently at the Palladium. My Fair Lady is playing at the Drury Lane , and Anything Goes (Cole Porter musical) opens Nov. 18. at the Olivier. Will there be any Christmas pantos opening that early? That's a holiday tradition over there.

Oct 15th, 2002, 10:32 AM
Julie

I wonder, is there a website that lists shows playing throughout the year?

Oct 15th, 2002, 11:31 AM
Dave

Julie- I will be in London early November, and have purchased tickets through the official London theater website. You can access it by simply typing in "london theater" in the address line of your browser, and picking the "official" site. It shows all that's playing as well as breaking them down by comedy, play, musical, etc. Best wishes. Dave

Oct 15th, 2002, 11:37 AM
Dave

www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk

(another Dave)

Oct 20th, 2002, 03:18 AM
John

By all means see Les Miserables at the Palace Theatre.Wonderful production and not a dry eye at the end.