Reload this Page >

plane or train from Paris to Italy?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 06:39 PM
Jim

We're flying in and out of Paris in late May/early June (we love Paris, and the travel is easier from San Francisco to Paris than to Italy). We're spending 3 nights in the beginning and 2 (or perhaps 1) at the end of our 3 week trip. <BR><BR>Our itinerary in Italy includes Florence, Umbria, and ending up in Como for sure, with possibly a couple of days in either Emilia Romano, Venice, or Riviera Di Levante. <BR><BR>Originally we thought we'd fly into Venice and back from Milan. This would be less time, but more hassle, than taking the train. <BR><BR>But the hassle has us thinking perhaps we should settle into a long train ride in each direction instead.<BR><BR>Any thoughts? Don't say we should skip Paris, as our flight is set.<BR><BR><BR>

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 06:55 PM
jahoulih

You might want to consider overnight trains. To look at fares and schedules, go to www.sncf.com.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 08:52 PM
Rex

You might be able to fly - - $179 before taxes - - as cheaply as the train - - on Corsair (from Orly only) - - in and out of Rome (Ciampino) - - more info on this post:<BR><BR>http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=2&tid=1349892<BR><BR>from the inimitable Don.<BR><BR>I'll top the thread for you.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 09:18 PM
Ronda

We took the train from Paris to Milan and the ride was beautiful! Went through mountains, saw lakes, but it seemed long. If it works out cost wise for you, for the sake of time, I would fly.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 09:26 PM
ttt

ttt