Reload this Page >

Plane crashes into to building in Milan

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 08:34 AM
Jess

An airplane just crashed into a building in Milan. Small plane, but still...

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 08:39 AM
JBX

--<BR><BR>http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/europe/04/18/italy.milan/index.html<BR><BR>Breaking news story on CNN says that small plan radioed an SOS with engine trouble.<BR>

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 08:39 AM
nancy

Yes, very sad!<BR>My teen children are watching it,<BR>and already my son is telling me I can't go to Italy next month!<BR>We will have to wait and see.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 08:42 AM
xxx

This is extremely sad!<BR><BR>But, Nancy, by your son's logic, no one should ever go to Tampa again, either.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 09:02 AM
Rene

I don't think this was an accident. This plane went straight into the tallest building in Milan. He was circling the area and then directly hit the Pirelli Building. <BR>If you're having engine trouble and radio in, don't you think you would try to avoid the tallest building in a city?<BR>I'm not trying to be pessimistic just realistic to what's going on in the world.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 09:11 AM
wait&c

CNN says the pilot sent a radio message stating mechanical failure. There's no reason to panic just yet. Sad story though.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 09:11 AM
Jayelle

This brings back bad memories. Hopefully this will turn out to be a tragic accident only.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 09:35 AM
x

They said the plane's route was from somewhere in Switzerland to Linate. There was no reason for it to fly over the centro, this is no accident.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 11:25 AM
egg

Have a look at the BBC website at http://news.bbc.co.uk/<BR><BR>The impression seems to be that this was an accident.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 11:27 AM
Tony Hughes

He was an old(er) fellow, apparently. Mid 70's.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 02:13 PM
JBX

From what I've read & seen on news, still appears this was an unfortunate accident. Still, it's unsettling.<BR>

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 02:24 PM
edd

current info<BR>\A small plane crashed into Milan's tallest building on Thursday, killing three people and gouging a huge gash in the side of the 32-story structure. An Italian news agency reported the plane's 75-year-old pilot had issued an SOS before the crash. Italian officials say the crash appears to be an accident.<BR><BR><BR>FROM CNN WEB SITE JUST NOW

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 03:39 PM
nancy

XXX,<BR>You are correct in that.<BR>Infact , with my son's logic,<BR>no-one should even step out their doorways!!<BR>But, we are talking about a VERY young teenager.<BR>This will be the first time I will be overseas, and away from them for such a length of time.<BR>He is just nervous,<BR>and has an overactive imagination,<BR>So one must make allowances, and cut him some slack!<BR><BR>Unless war breaks out in Europe, planes crashing into buildings daily , I will go!<BR><BR>What I did not like was the news media,<BR>who within 30 mins of the crash were heavily speculating, and even inferring that it was <BR>"highly suspicious"<BR>Sometimes those guys are out of control!<BR>

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 11:12 AM
EU

I suppose poeple already know this, but just in case somebody does not:<BR><BR>The pilot was a 68 years old Swiss man. A pilot with 30 years of flying experience. He was going from Switzerland to Milan. So not a very likely terrorist candidate.<BR><BR>The speculations right now are that he either committed suicide (and took some others with him) or he got a stroke/heart attack (his age would suggest the latter).