Reload this Page >

Places to stay in Paris - Limited Budget

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 08:13 AM
Chris

I am travelling to Paris in the 3rd week of May, and am looking for an inexpensive pension / B&B / Hotel in Paris. I am travelling on a limited budget. Any ideas?

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 09:28 AM
Marilyn

Chris, it would help if you gave a price range and/or area. You might try hoteldiscounts.com or www.karenbrown.com (B&Bs). I would advise you do something fairly soon - Paris is getting busy. Good Luck!

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 11:47 AM
Heather

Hi, Chris! Not sure of your budget, but I scanned a March 2001 National Geographic Traveler magazine article that lists a number of Parisian hotels that are $100 or less for doubles. Drop me an email if you would like a copy emailed to you.

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 12:13 PM
Jocelyn

I have found www.anamericaninparis.com and www.hotelsparisonline.com and www.hotelboulevard.com to be helpful. <BR> <BR>The anamiericaninparis.com site has candid reviews from people who have stayed in the hotels, as well as some price ranges, locations and phone numbers (usually). Its a good starting point. <BR>

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 12:36 PM
Eugene

Hey. <BR> <BR>I am traveling to Paris in April. I booked a double room in a three-star hotel called Grand Hotel Francais (11th arrondissement). If you're interested, go to www.hotelboulevard.com

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 12:36 PM
StCirq

If you're on a really limited budget, you might want to try this: <BR> <BR>8ème arrondissement <BR>FOYER FRIEDLAND <BR>Pères du Saint Sacrement <BR>23 avenue Friedland <BR>Tél : 01 40 76 30 30 <BR>Accueil de religieux <BR>Métro : Maubert Mutualité <BR> <BR>It's a monastery, and I've heard a room is about $20 a night. <BR>

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 12:42 PM
Pat

Try Hotel Pont Royale, I think it's in the 5th and gets a terrific writeup in Cheap Sleeps in Paris by Gustafson. I have friends who stay all the time. About 70 or 80 FF.

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 12:48 PM
Terry

You can also try Rick Steve's travel books on France or his web site www.ricksteves.com grafiti wall for recommendations from others. We used his book when we went to Paris in Oct. and stayed in the Marais area at the Jeanne de Arc for less then $100 ensuite and there were 4 of us.

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 01:07 PM
Robert

Chris, <BR> <BR>Take a look at the following hotel. I stayed there this past Christmas and it <BR>was very good for the price. I paid ff510 for a double with shower. We pretty much used it as a place to sleep and shower as we were up and out early morning and back at night. I found the location to be good and the Odeon stop, Luxembourg Gardens, Rue Mouffetard, etc. just a stroll away. Here is the info: <BR>Hôtel Michelet Odéon <BR>6 place de l’Odéon <BR>75006 PARIS <BR>Tel : 00.33.1.53.10.05.60 <BR>Fax : 00.33.1.46.34.55.35 <BR>E-mail : [email protected] <BR>Site : http://www.hotel-michelet-odeon.com <BR>

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 02:29 PM
James

Port-Royal Hotel <BR>5th Arr. 8, boulevard Port Royal - Sandra Gustafson highly recommends. Singles 170 to 310F. 48 rooms, 20 with bath or shower. Spotless, family owned, easy access to St-Michel, Louvre, Musee d"Orsay and the Champs-Elysees by bus. Close to huge shopping complex with 15 boutiques and a branch of Au Printemps - near restaurants. One of best Cheap sleeps in Paris. Telephone and elevator - unusual in a one star. Telephone - 01-43-31-70-06 <BR>Fax: 01-43-31-33-67. Nearest metro is Gobelins - cash only (no credit cards)- Breakfast = 30F per person. <BR> <BR>Give it a try.

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 03:57 PM
Capo

I just picked up the March issue of National Geographic Traveler, with the article about "22 Hotels in Paris for under $100" that a lot of people have mentioned, and I'd highly recommend checking out the article.