Reload this Page >

Places to Party in Paris

Search

Places to Party in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7th, 2001, 08:30 AM
stephen

Places to Party in Paris

I will be in Paris next Saturday for 5 days, would like to know if anybody knows of any good bars were a I can meet people that are fun to hang with. I'm 30, but like people of all ages. <BR> <BR>Thanks

Old Nov 7th, 2001, 09:26 AM
Jocelyn

Stephen, <BR> <BR>You might want to try the bar at the Hotel Costes (rue St. Honore, 1st)--it is definitely a younger crowd, 20's-early 30's,with a dose of attitude, but it is a great place to socialize and find English speaking people if you don't mind a few vacuous fashiony types (which does not always have to be a bad thing! ) I think the atmosphere there can't be beat. Also, the bar at the Plaza Athenee is beautiful and the service is so friendly and attentive. I encountered people there of all ages. I had a great time at Le Sancerre on rue des Abesses in Montmartre--probably met the nicest and most down to earth people there. There's nothing fancy about it, it's just a cool place. I heard the L'Hotel bar in the 6th is fun too but I never made it there. Oh, too many to mention!!!! Have a great time!

Old Nov 7th, 2001, 11:40 AM
Phil

Stephen,<BR>There are some great cafes that have good crowds just off Blvd. St. Germain in the 6th Arr. Walk down Rue D'Buci on any night and several are happening.<BR><BR>Although a bit dated, try Harry's American Bar in the 1st Arr. One of Hemingway's favorite spots (Of course, any bar was his favorite spot.<BR><BR>There are also plenty of bars just near the Bastille metro station. I don't recall the name of the street but the Blue Elephant restaurant is located near to several of these places.

Old Nov 7th, 2001, 12:11 PM
travellyn

You might try Bullfrog Bike Tours, if they're still running. The clientele is mostly 20ish and you find out all the good party spots on the evening tours.

Old Nov 7th, 2001, 02:44 PM
Christina

There are a lot of English-speaking younger crowd at Chesterfield's at 124 rue la Boetie in the 8th arr; they have live music, also, rock and blues sometimes--a lot of Americans go there, I think. It's a good club. Around place Bastille just walk down rue de la Lappe, that's probably what someone is thinking of above; also in the 11th, walk on rue Oberkampf -- both those are good if you just want to browse. Here's a good web site for this issue: www.parispubs.com, also try www.jazzvalley.com they have Chesterfields listed (I think, not sure) as there is a variety of music there. Also www.timeout.com has good info. There are also some clubs/bars around back of Sorbonne, some of the streets around there.

Old Nov 9th, 2001, 06:19 AM
Phyllis

What about those of us who are a bit older (late 30's - early 40's)? I'll be in Paris next week with three of my girlfriends and we don't have a clue as to where to go out at night.<BR>Thanks!

Old Nov 9th, 2001, 06:25 AM
trying

I apologize for the vague directions/description, but: There was a fun Irish bar in the 7th on the Rue Dominique (I think). We stayed on the Rue Cler, but it was away (not toward) the Eiffel Tower on Dominique (I think). Although I enjoy being in a country whose language I don't speak well, it was nice to have a pint in a place where English is spoken.

Old Nov 9th, 2001, 10:55 AM
trying

I think the address of "O'Brien's" is 77 Rue St. Dominique. Pretty standard (perhaps even formula) Irish Pub, but a nice place for a pint.

Old Nov 9th, 2001, 12:47 PM
coco

I think the liveliest and most interesting night spot in all of Paris is still Favela Chic. I challenge anyone of any age to go there (sample a mojita or 2!) and not have a great time. You don't have to dance on the tables yourself to know you're having a wild-and-crazy evening. Rue du Faubourg du Temple in the 11th. Very friendly crowd. Have fun whatever you decide!<BR>

Old Nov 9th, 2001, 01:00 PM
Surlok

Coco,<BR><BR>I haven't been there (yet), but Favela Chic owner is Brazilian, as I am. I've heard of it many times..<BR><BR>Phyllis,<BR><BR>I like to go to La Caveau de La Huchette, at Rue de La Huchette, in the Latin Quarter. It's an unpretentious place, with jazz bands playing live music. There are young people there, and not so young, too, and all have great fun.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR><BR>S

Old Nov 10th, 2001, 05:00 AM
Phyllis

Surlok:<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR><BR>Phyllis

Old Nov 10th, 2001, 02:42 PM
Simi

i'm going to Paris (i live in NYC) in 10 days. this is my short list of places to go - see and been seen - for Paris:<BR>Man Ray<BR>Buddha Bar<BR>Favela Chic (got a NY Times write up about 1 year ago)<BR>in fact, i plan to go to all 3.