Reload this Page >

Places to go with kids in Italy

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 12:47 AM
rosie

I am an 11 year old girl and my parents are taking me to these places for a holiday in May. Rome, Sicily, Amalfi coast and Venice. <BR>What are good things that they can take me to see besides the colosseum? Your help would be really good. thanks. <BR>Rosie

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 04:47 AM
elaine

Hi Rosie <BR>Here are some resources that may help you <BR>http://travelwith kids.about.com/travel/travelwithkids <BR>www.ivillage.com/travel/archive <BR>www.familytravelforum.com <BR>www.flyingwithkids.com <BR>www.travelwithyourkids.com <BR>www.tinytravelers.net <BR> <BR>www.timeout.com/venice <BR>http://www.goeurope.about.com/travel.../aa062397a.htm <BR>http://www.travel-italy.com/library/...ys_disney.html <BR>Books: recommended by readers on Amazon.com <BR>Vendela in Venice by Bjork and <BR>Italy With Kids by Pape <BR>

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 05:24 AM
sandi

My 12 yr old son loved seeing the catacombs and the beautiful art in the churches. Also, climbing towers and to the top of the duomo in Florence was a "high-point" of the trip. You can climb to the top of St. Peter's in Rome too.

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 05:56 AM
m

Rosie, <BR>CHeck the thread titled "Movies dictate travel". Many of the movies take place in the locations you are visiting. You may get some idea of what you'd like to see by watching these movies. I am taking my 9 & 12 yr olds in March in Venice and Rome. I'll look for your post when we return and pass along info from my kids. <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 12:27 PM
gb

Italy is the best excuse for eating ice cream any time of the day. You must try every flavor to know which one is best.

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 01:11 AM
ROSIE

THANKS FOR ALL THE INFORMATION IT WAS A BIG HELP <BR>FROM ROSE <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 09:52 AM
pam

Rosie, <BR>Definitely you need ice cream every day (if you learn to ask for it in Italian yourself, sometimes you'll get extra for your efforts). My son was 10 1/2 when we were in Rome and Florence 2 years ago. He liked climbing the tall things and waiting for us to catch up with him; he like the Pantheon and San Clemente in Rome (you can go down into two layers of excavations beneath the church), and Porto San Sebastiano, where we walked along part of the inside of the Aurelian wall around Rome, and he pretended he was pouring boiling oil on attackers. Have fun!