Reload this Page >

Place du Tertre/Sacre Coeur from Anvers metro

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24th, 2000, 05:58 PM
Bob

Can someone tell me best way to get from this metro the above Montmartre sites? <BR> <BR>I know that there is a funicular that I believe takes one to Sacre Coeur. If so, is this worth it or is it better to walk to these sites. <BR> <BR>Is Place du Tertre a neat place? With artists, etc. <BR> <BR>Appreciate your comments. <BR> <BR>Bob

Old Sep 24th, 2000, 06:19 PM
Jim

Take the funicular up and walk down. The price is not the issue-It is very inexpensive to use the funicular. But it is fun to do both.

Old Sep 24th, 2000, 06:45 PM
Jayelle

The Abbesses metro stop puts you a bit closer to the funicular. There are signs pointing you in the right direction as you exit the station. It is very pleasant to stroll around the Montmartre area but the going does get a bit steep on the way up to Sacre Coeur. I would suggest that if you are going to try the funicular, that you ride up and walk down. You can use a regular metro ticket on the funicular. <BR> <BR>Place du Tertre is worth a visit but tends to be a rather touristy spot. I would suggest exploring other areas of Monmartre as well, or come down and walk around the surrounding neighborhoods (e.g., Place de Clichy, etc.) to get a better taste of life in this area of the city. This area has a large immigrant population and is quite colorful to explore.

Old Sep 25th, 2000, 09:37 AM
Brian in Atlanta

Re: the Abbesses metro stop. When you get off the train, definitely wait for the elevator - don't be tempted by the stairs. They are neverending. <BR> <BR>And take a good look at the funicular before you get on it. It really doesn't save you many steps. But as someone said, it may be fun.

Old Sep 26th, 2000, 09:07 AM
Bob

Many thanx for your help. <BR> <BR>I will put this info to good use. <BR> <BR>Bob