Pizza! Pizza!

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 08:33 AM
cindy

Pizza! Pizza!

Does anyone have a recipe for the yummy pizza you get in Rome and Florence? Real thin crust, crispy as a matzoh, and with not too much topping, baked in a brick oven (I'll improvise!). I had a great topping over there--lots of fresh arugula topped with parmesan shavings.
My husband would love to try to make similar pizza at home--any recipes that come close?

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 09:54 AM
tt

ttt - me too

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 10:22 AM
pizzalover

Have a look at this page:
http://ejstuff.freeyellow.com/foodstuff/pizza.htm

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 12:42 PM
Dale

CINDY:
Pizza in Rome is memorable because of the thin crust and judicious use of toppings. A year or so ago Cook's Illustrated (an excellent magazine without ads) had one of their extensive articles about just the kind of pozza we salivate over. It, among other recommendations, featured the use of parchment paper and plastic wrap in the rolling our of the crust. I urge you to find this edition. I only utilize their method and it has changed my life! Ciao e buona fortuna. Dale

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 01:00 PM
Red

http://www.foodtv.com/foodtv/recipe/0,6255,20128,00.html

Mario Batali has a good recipe.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 01:08 PM
Capo

Dayle, I enjoyed your choice of the word "judicious" for the use of toppings on Roman pizzas.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 02:37 PM
Red

What Capo? You don't like to bite into a pizza and get a gush of hot red sauce all over your shirt? Get that big slab of cheese pulled off the entire slice in one bite? Or the interesting cheese in the crust deal?

How did we mess up such a wonderful food product?