Pisa it is! Hotel Duomo?

Nov 21st, 2000, 06:56 AM
Kathy

Pisa it is! Hotel Duomo?

Thanks to everyone who replied to my question about flying from Pisa. Now, can anyone tell me how to find the hotel Duomo? I've looked on the net in several places, can't seem to find a place to actually contact them. Thanks again!

Nov 21st, 2000, 07:14 AM
Marija

The fax number is 39 050 560418. At least that's the number I sent a fax to and received a response.

Nov 25th, 2000, 08:16 AM
mary

Kathy,
We stayed at the Hotel Duomo one night-- from the roof you can practically touch the leaning tower. We found Pisa not terribly terrific- however easy to get into the airport etc. We had our rental car and a good map-- however had a pretty hard time finding the hotel from the airport--- I suggest that you take your time-- look for landmarks like the leaning tower and travel on the roads when they are not crowded-- we were there on a Sunday-- so that helped!! Just a suggestion- staying one night is enough-- certainly after our travels to Florence, Tuscany and ROme-- Pisa was just okay--
Mary

Nov 26th, 2000, 05:28 AM
sandy

Why don't you avoid the whole problem by staying in Viarreggio? There's a fabulous little hotel there, Hotel Plaza e de Russie, with views of the sea. It's only 25 km from Pisa on the A12. Lucca and Montecatini Terme are two other good choices. My friends stayed at the Hotel Duomo in Pisa -- said it was their least favorite place in Italy!

Nov 26th, 2000, 08:52 AM
Kathy

Actually, Pisa wasn't even on our list, but we're dropping off our rental car in Florence, then a couple of days later, taking the train to Pisa for a flight to London the following day. We found the best air rates from Pisa to London..so there you are!

Nov 28th, 2000, 02:33 AM
Caitlin H

Another option is to stay in Lucca - it is almost as close to Pisa airport as Pisa itself - and I think a more charming town...

Dec 9th, 2000, 02:39 PM
Larry

While in Pisa, be sure to eat at Bruno's. It is a short walk from Hotel Duomo or Leaning Tower.