Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Pictures Please? Loved seeing trip pics...care to share, please?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 03:24 AM
Gloria

Hello, <BR>This is the second attempt to post as I can't find my original. Please bear with me... <BR>We are fairly new to the Fodor's site and have really enjoyed it and all the wonderful people who contribute. <BR>I particularly enjoyed the thread where you all told where you were from and what you liked and disliked about it. <BR>I have been sent invitations to look at trip pictures from Linda (Lovely Budapest pictures, thanks!) and wondered if anyone else would care to share. Our interests are varied, I am in interior design, and my husband is a former history teacher. We have been to Europe several times. <BR>I thank you in advance and look forward to seeing more of the world! <BR>Merci! <BR>Gloria

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 04:36 AM
Janice

Snowed in today! Blizzard likely to continue for a few days...already have 10 inches of snow. Would enjoy pictures as well.

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 04:38 AM
s.fowler

Here's a *VERY* unofficial site I've been maintaining: http://it.uwp.edu/fowler/fodor.htm <BR>It includes some pictures as well as links to other people's sites. <BR>And a reminder: let me know if you want your [non-commercial] site listed and/or you want some pictures put on the web.

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 06:06 AM
dan woodlief

I have a budding Web site at oneeyed.homestead.com. Still a lot of work to do. I have lots of travel photos on already, but most are non-Europe so far.

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 06:13 AM
Gloria

Thank you! This is exactly what I am looking for. <BR>I shall contribute to your sight, <BR>Ms. Fowler, how nice of you to do this! <BR>Thank you, again! <BR>Gloria

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 06:17 AM
s.fowler

Hey Dan! Nice site May I link it to the site I maintain?

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 06:52 AM
dan woodlief

Thanks. Go ahead. I just hope I can get around to finishing it one of these days.

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 07:05 AM
Monica

Hi Gloria, <BR> <BR>Like Dan, I'm on homestead.com (http://www.luvtotravel.com/home.html). I have recently worked on my Germany, France, and Italy photographs. Will be working on my Greece and Spain photos too. (I have just 1 for Athens on line). <BR> <BR>Hey Sally, would you update your web site with my new address? I'm not updating the old one any longer as it took forever to load! Thanks!

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 07:50 AM
s.fowler

Done, done and done <BR> <BR>Added Dan W. and Michelle [great pics of Italy at a new address]-- andupdated Monica's url. <BR> <BR>Also a link to the Texas Fodorites' Austin jamboree! <BR> <BR>I'm having a slow day here so I may even get to the site revamp that's been on my mind for a while. <BR> <BR>So keep those sites amd pictures coming

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 08:55 AM
Tom

I have some pictures to show but am not sure how to do this. I know how to scan them into my computer...what next? <BR>And the music blows me away.

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 09:21 AM
s.fowler

Then save them as .jpg files [try to keep thm under 50k each, but we can adjust] and send them to me at [email protected]. <BR> <BR>OR you can get an account at geocities, homestead etc... and make your own travel site!

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 10:22 AM
xxxx

To the top!

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 10:51 AM
Bill Fleites

I also have a non-commercial travel website at http://www.gatortravels.com where I like to share my love of traveling in Europe. <BR> <BR>Hi Sally, <BR>While you're updating your web site could you also change the pointer to my new site ? The old one is still around (http://members.nbci.com/billfleites/), but I'll only be updating the new site in the future.

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 11:06 AM
Beth

Hi Sally, <BR> <BR>Sounds like you've opened a can of worms here! Beautiful ones though. <BR>I do have photos of our first Fodors Chicago/Midwest meeting. I'll forward them to you soon to post on your site. <BR> <BR>Beth

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 11:08 AM
dan woodlief

While we are on the topic, I will give a plug to one of my favorite sites. It is www.photo.net (a non-commercial site). Take a look if you want to see the best photography site on the Web, especially for instruction. The site was set up by a photographer/Internet guru, who just finished his PhD at MIT. He also likes to travel. You will find archives of thousands of photos by him and others. Many of the photos are travel oriented, and many are not. In addition, the site is linked to numerous travelogues ranging from New Zealand to Paris. If you get a user name and password, you can also post your photos there for others to see.

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 11:16 AM
Gloria

Dear Dan, <BR>You are quite right about the photo site you listed. I have been there and am very impressed with the quality of photography. Thanks for passing it on! <BR>Gloria

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 11:38 AM
Diane

Hi Sally -- One more request to delete an old webpage (www.bishtech.com/diane) and add my new one: <BR> <BR>www.travelswithdiane.homestead.com <BR> <BR>I just got a domain name and will need to have a forwarding address. Soon my address will be: <BR> <BR>www.travelswithdiane.com <BR> <BR>Site is still under construction, but plenty to see in France and Greece. <BR> <BR>I had added your site to my 'links' page, but could not get it to open. I'll give it another try. <BR> <BR>A note for those of you thinking of building a website. I built France with Homestead and Greece with Netscape. Homestead has allowed for more creativity and has been more reliable for viewing. I particularly like that Homestead lets you download the software and you can build off-line. Homestead is not without problems, but many of the bugs seem to have been ironed out over the past six months. They also have a discussion board where you can get help/advice from others who have been doing this awhile. <BR> <BR>

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 12:25 PM
s.fowler

Geeez guys. it's good I'm having a slow day! I was just about to post that I was up-to-date and Diane posts <BR>s.fowler [muttering all the way back to her html editor <BR> <BR> <BR>BTW if you can live with the ads I like Geocities. But I agree Homestead is pretty spiffy.

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 12:45 PM
s.fowler

I had to share -- Go to Diane's Giverny page. It is simply LOVELY! <BR>http://www.travelswithdiane.homestead.com/france3.html

Old Jan 30th, 2001, 01:37 PM
Gloria

Truly lovely site, Diane. May I ask what speed film you are using and if you are using a tripod? All of your pictures are terrific. <BR>Thank you for all the posts, I'll have lots to look at!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -