Reload this Page >

Piazza Navona Hotel

Search

Piazza Navona Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2000, 05:51 AM
Leslie

Piazza Navona Hotel

We will be in Italy in October while in Rome would like to stay in the Piazza Navona area. Any hotel recommendations? Thank you.

Old Apr 18th, 2000, 07:41 AM
Patrick

The usual question--how much do you want to spend? We are staying at The Raphael, just "behind" Piazza Navona. It is a delightful and elegant small hotel with rooftop terrace (maybe too cool in October) for breakfast, but it is 500,000 L per night not including breakfast.

Old Apr 18th, 2000, 08:55 AM
Carol

Try the Santa Chiara and ask for a room in the back. Rates are @$150/double, nice size rooms and a wonderful location.

Old Apr 19th, 2000, 09:50 AM
Joseph cameron

Only one block from Pza. Navona: Hotel Genio, via Zanardelli, 28, which you can reserve through the Leonardi Hotels website. About $160 per night, including a huge western breakfast, taxes and service. We've used Genio for years, and it's the best value in Rome, based on what we've heard from others. Other hotels in the are are also nice, but much more expensive. Our last stay at genio was in March this year. Try the www.scalereale.org/food.htm site for moderate restauntants serving great food. Good luck. Joe

Old Apr 19th, 2000, 10:36 AM
Marty Michaels

Leslie: <BR> <BR>Another big thumbs-up for Hotel Genio, which I discovered through Cheap Sleeps and have since recommended to friends who have also been pleased with it. Also, when I booked a couple years ago, I was able to get a substantial discount through the Web site Joe mentions. It may have been a seasonal promotion (we visited in Feb.), but it's worth checking.