Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Photos from our trip to Madrid, El Escorial, Toledo

Apr 13th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Original Poster

Have yet to start my trip report (a slow process for me) so thought I'd post some of the photos we took in the mean time, we enjoyed such a wonderful trip!

http://preview.tinyurl.com/3gvt5c
Apr 13th, 2008, 11:51 AM

Beautiful slide show, AnnMarie. It looks like you had really perfect weather too for your trip.

(loved the shot of you inside the giant head-quite the unusual outdoor art display on the Paseo del Prado!-we saw it too)

Really enjoyed your photos and can hardly wait for the trip report!
Apr 13th, 2008, 12:18 PM

AnnMarie, I really enjoyed your pictures. Along with the one mentioned by Maribel, I also liked the photo of the fish on display; IMHO that was one ugly fish I thought the seafood looked much more appealing!!!

Thanks for posting the link and I look forward to reading your trip report. Deborah
Apr 13th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Original Poster

Hi Maribel!

Yes, the weather was beautiful. It rained only a little in Toledo and only at night so we feel extremely fortunate in that regard.

I picked up three pair of espadrilles (one for a friend) from Casa Hernanz--they are so pretty (sling back with embroidery on the top) I couldn't decide on just one color. DH was most understanding. ;-)

Glad you enjoyed the photos--thank you so much for your help and for your guide which we found to be so helpful! A trip report is on the way....
Apr 13th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Original Poster

Hi DeborahAnn,

And we tried so hard to photograph that fish from it's good side, lol. It was amusing to see how that fish was displayed each day...never the same... hopefully, not the same fish!
Apr 13th, 2008, 01:08 PM

So much fun to see those beautiful pictures of places that I love. thank you.
Apr 13th, 2008, 05:21 PM
yk

Thanks for the pics! Lovely weather (except in Toledo) and just incredible spring flowers.

Now, if you could just get your act together to write your trip report...
Apr 13th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Original Poster

Hi yk!

I'm working it....will have the first installment ready by tomorrow. Stop hassling me! ;-)
Apr 14th, 2008, 03:33 AM

Excellent photos Ann Marie. Madrid's architecture is amazing. Like NYC, you could spend a month there and never see everything.
Apr 14th, 2008, 04:20 PM
ComfyShoes

Ann Marie, Fantastic photos. I like many including the Museo de Jamon , those little kids at Thyssen-Bornemisza, Parc del Retiro, palace landscapes, paseo de merchan (a smell-a-pic version would be nice), etc. The one I liked the most is where someone seems to be gliding across tulips!! And that fish has a tongue as long as mine!

The weather seems awesome and you have captured the architecture well. Assuming you have a good digital SLR, consider reading up on spot metering and white balance/color temperature to avoid overexposure on extremely bright days.

Anyway, good stuff.

Apr 14th, 2008, 07:16 PM

Lovely lovely photos! I love seeing these & you guys are such an attractive young couple.

ana maria
Apr 14th, 2008, 07:23 PM

Ha! Loved the one of Museo de Jamon! Wow, what memories that picture brings! I've never eaten so much meat in my life as I did in that place. Great pics!
Apr 15th, 2008, 04:30 AM
Original Poster

So glad you all enjoyed the photos!

ComfyShoes, thank you for your feedback, I will share it with DH. He has a relatively new camera that he tried to become better acquainted with before our trip but there were issues and I believe he mentioned (color?) saturation as a possible issue with the tulips.

Now about that fish...the "tongue" was actually another fish draped in the larger fishes mouth!
Apr 15th, 2008, 04:48 AM
Original Poster

Re: the photos, I should mention they are a mix from both our cameras--I have an older Kodak Easy Share, the V550; DH the Easy Share dx6490.