Photos are up for grandparents' Paris/Rome trip, if anyone's interested

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2007, 07:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Several people have asked to see photos - gluttons for punishment, I tell you. Our grandsons' pix turned out better than mine, but I did my best. You can see them at:

http://www.worldisround.com/articles...9/index.html?e
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 07:28 PM

Love the pictures. I may have to read the whole report again now that I know what you all look alike!! Thanks!
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 07:32 PM

Thank you so much for posting pictures! It is great to have faces to go with such a fantastic trip report.
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 08:31 PM

Such heartwarming photographs, what a lovely family you are. I hope Robert doesn't give up his dream of buying the place in Orvieto! Thanks for sharing.
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 12:58 AM

Joyce,

Beautifuly pictures! I really enjoyed reading your trip report and the pictures was a nice additon. Your grandsons are very handsome and are lucky to have you. Thanks again for taking us with you on your trip.
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 03:04 AM

Enjoyed your report. We'll be in Rome and Paris in a month. We are looking forward to the trips we plan to take with our granddaughters. They are a bit young yet, but I hope to have the sort of time that you and your husband did with your grandsons. Nice pictures!
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 03:40 AM

Wonderful pictures and thanks for sharing! I am taking a trip to Venice and Rome with my daughter in 4 weeks and we can't wait!
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 04:45 AM

Super! Thanks for sharing these. The look of happiness on your face! my-o-my!
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 03:47 PM

Enjoyed the pictures, and the trip report

Just think of the stories for years to come!
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 04:31 PM

Thank you for sharing your photos. Now I'm more excited to go, how could that be possible?
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 05:09 PM

I thought I replied to this arlier!

Joyce, loved the pictures..and you have 2 very handsome grandsons! DH ain't bad either!!!!

Thank you so much for the DOTS info ...and the offer for a ride! I think the regular guy I use for airport pickups would be less than the shuttle>

Do let's try to get together in WP for lunch sometime..and maybe a few other central FL fodories can join us.
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 05:33 PM

What fun! Thanks for posting! Off to find your trip report.
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 05:48 PM

I am new to this site, but I am really enjoying all the trip reports and the wonderful help that I have received - my oldest daughter and I are going to Europe for 3 weeks this summer and I can hardly wait - and then when you mentioned the Daytona ares, I am from Titusville, only about 30 miles away, for some reason, that really excited me more! If there are any gatherings of Fodorites( or whatever is the correct terrminology) I'd love the chance to get together with youall. Thanks again for sharing the memories. Leslie
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 06:35 PM
Original Poster

Jody and leslie,
A get-together sounds like a great idea. I work part-time, but am usually free on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Maybe we could post a new topic on the board and see who's interested? I think there's someone from Lake Mary that posts here too. Let's definitely keep in touch!
Joyce
Old Apr 6th, 2007, 06:40 PM

Hello Hagan, I am another one who has so enjoyed your photos. And I agree your grandsons are quite handsome..but then they have a handsome grandfather and beautiful grandmother so no surpise about your grandsons! Good taste also..a house in Orvieto..a young man with good taste.

And having two grandsons I chuckled over their beds and "stuff", precious!

Thank you so much for sharing your family and your trip with us.
Old Apr 7th, 2007, 08:04 PM

Hagan - your trip report kept me enthralled. Reminded me of my first trip to Europe where many disasters occurred, including getting sun poisoning (thought I might be dying...), getting separated from my friend on a train and having to find each other in another city, and finally, getting my passport and other important documents stolen in Rome and having to run around and replace it all. Your writing was so vivid - I got stressed out right along with you when you had to remain behind in Paris! But your zest for travel comes through it all and I am inspired. My husband and I, along with our two kids (15 and 17), are spending 3 and 1/2 weeks in London and then France (including a week in an apartment in Paris and we'll have a cell phone)
Old Apr 8th, 2007, 03:02 AM

Hagen
I really enjoyed your trip report and your photo's are excellent, what a handsome family. Well done on your endurance test, your a star xx