Phone Country Code for France?

Old Nov 8th, 1999, 11:01 AM
Freddy

Phone Country Code for France?

How do I call France from the US? I have a hotel phone: (1)-39505940 but don't know the country code. Can someone help? Thanks!

Old Nov 8th, 1999, 11:08 AM
Sheila

<BR>0033 <BR> <BR>We get this stuff in a phone book. Don't you?

Old Nov 8th, 1999, 11:34 AM
ilisa

Freddy, make sure you dial 011 first, before 33-1, etc. Country codes generally are found in phone books here in the US.

Old Nov 8th, 1999, 07:03 PM
Cheryl Z.

<BR>Freddy, even tho the international area codes are printed in front of your phone book, you still may have to call your long distance operator for the correct city code, if the city/area you wish to reach is not printed, or you don't know which place that's printed is closest to the area that you want. For example, France country code is 33, and the only two areas/cities listed are Marseille 9l and Paris l. And for Lyons it just states no city code necessary. So, if you know your hotel was in the Paris district (which it must be since you list (l) in front of the #, you would dial 0ll-33-l-39505940 like Ilisa says.

Old Nov 8th, 1999, 08:57 PM
kamk

Freddy, Dial 011-33-1-395 059 40. This says to me that you are calling a hotel in Paris, right?

Old Nov 9th, 1999, 08:55 AM
Joyce

My southwestern bell phone book doesn't have any area codes for calls outside the U.S. Maybe the non-midwesterners who come up with these phone books think we never leave our farms....

Old Nov 9th, 1999, 02:08 PM
Freddy

Thank you all for providing the information. I'm glad so many helpful people responded.