Reload this Page >

Pensione Palazzo Ravizza/Siena

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 1999, 04:58 AM
pdm

If anyone has stayed here, please let me know what you think? They gave us a price of 3330,00 for Nov. 1 that includes breakfast and dinner ( no drinks) Is that reasonable for that time of year? Room with double bed. Comments?? Thanks!!

Old Jul 14th, 1999, 05:26 AM
pdm

<BR>Sorry, the price should be 330,000 NOT <BR>3330,000 for the Nov. 1 stay.

Old Jul 14th, 1999, 06:55 AM
Paulo

We've never stayed at the 3-star Pensione Palazzo Ravizza, but ... <BR>It's well located within the city walls, in the southwest corner of the old city, between the Arco delle dua Porte and the Chiesa di Sta. Maria dei Carmini, a 10 min stroll to Piazza del Campo. <BR>IMO, though, it is quite expensive for November (unless they're giving you one of their suites). In principle, also, I don't like being bound to the hotel regarding breakfast and dinner (specially in Siena). <BR>Just for comparison, take the ***Hotel Chiusarelli, also within the city walls and a 10-min stroll to the Piazza. For the same package they're offering you (half pension) you would spend not more than Lit 215,000 + beverages. Of course, one would also have to compare what dinner in both places would be all about. <BR>Anyway, if you book a double at the Chiusarelli WITHOUT breakfast, it should cost you not more than Lit 140.000. Instead of having breakfast at the hotel, you stroll to Piazza del Campo in the early morning and take it on a balcony of a coffe shop overlooking the piazza. You'll spend some Lit 25,000. This would leave you with Lit 165,000 to have a splurge dinner at the Al Marsilli or the Le Lodge ... including your wine! <BR>Paulo <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 16th, 1999, 04:00 PM
topper

!

Old Jul 20th, 1999, 04:47 AM
pdm

Thanks Paulo for the hotel insight in Siena. Do you know anything about the Hotel Roma in Florence? We have a travel agent who tried to get us in the Rivoli but couldn't which is stange as we would be staying in Florence 4 nights in Nov. Any suggetions on Florence hotels?

Old Jul 20th, 1999, 04:48 AM
pdm

Thanks Paulo for the hotel insight in Siena. Do you know anything about the Hotel Roma in Florence? We have a travel agent who tried to get us in the Rivoli but couldn't which is stange as we would be staying in Florence 4 nights in Nov. Any suggetions on Florence hotels?

Old Jul 27th, 1999, 07:18 AM
Paulo

Sorry for the late answer pdm (been out of town the last 2 weeks). The hotel we liked best in Rome was the Teatro di Pompeo. Very well located, small, clean, nice staff, etc., etc. Very hard to get a room though. Since you're going only in November, you may give it a shot. Call at +39 06 68300170. Last time I tried to fax them at +39 06 68805531, I didn't get an answer. When I called, I learned they were booked up ... they said it was too costly for them to return all faxes they got, considering they only have 13 rooms. <BR> <BR>In Florence, the hotel we liked best was the Ritz, on the Arno. You may be able to get a good rate for November. We also liked the Pendini but they appear to have gone a bit too expensive for what they offer. <BR> <BR>Paulo <BR>