Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Pension Nossek in Vienna and Cloister Inn in Prague - parking available? other suggestions?

Search

Pension Nossek in Vienna and Cloister Inn in Prague - parking available? other suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 05:09 PM
linda

I will be in Prague for 3 nights and Vienna for 3 nights with a car. I need a place to stay (double) about $100 USD and a place to park my car. Do you know if these two places have a place to park - any other suggestions for good location for the price?

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 05:27 PM
Leslie

Parking is very limited in Prague. The Cloister Inn is located in a secluded square, and I did see cars parked there, but I don't know if the parking spots were for guests of the hotel, or the residents living in the surrounding apartments.

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 06:17 PM
linda

Any help on how to find out if parking is available at either of these places or anywhere else? I do need a place I can be sure to get parking. Thanks.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 04:07 AM
linda

still cannot locate this information - not on any hotel sites I can find? Please help.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 04:34 AM
zootsi

I was at pension Nossek a few years ago - great hotel for the price. However, it is on a pedestrians only street. I didn't see any nearby parking. I would call the hotel.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 04:51 AM
bettyk

Please try the Hotel Admiral. It is located off Mariahilferstrasse and behind the two Museums, just a few blocks from the Ringstrasse. They have several parking places for guests just 1/2 block from the hotel. We stayed there in 1999 and are booked there again in May. They are also within your price range. It's a nice place to stay. Here is their website: <BR><BR>http://www.admiral.co.at/index1.html

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 10:44 AM
Christina

I know a place in Prague within your budget that has onsite parking for guests. It's the Hotel Julian in the Mala Strana section, maybe a little south of what is called Mala Strana. It's not far out, though, a pleasant area and just across the river near the bridge that goes to the National Theatre. Here is a description on one web site (which mentions the parking), although I'm sure it's on plenty:<BR>http://www.abaka.com/Czech/Julian/<BR><BR>A German friend of mine stayed there because she had a car, also, and wanted onsite parking for security; she liked it fine.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 01:24 PM
frederic

Regarding Vienna--The Pension Nossek is perfectly located in central Vienna.However it is in a pedestrian zone. The closest parking is in an underground garage at Am Hof ,a square about 3 minutes walk from the hotel.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 03:43 PM
Leslie

Linda, I didn't find anything on the Cloister Inn's website about parking, but you can email the Cloister Inn. The email address is [email protected].

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 02:05 PM
Dennis

The Cloister Inn advertises that they have 10 parking spaces, but you need to reserve in advance. The charge is 250 cz per car/night. Their web site is www.cloister-inn.com.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 06:16 AM
Mike

Yes, you can park at the Cloister Inn. The parking is behind the building in a gated entrance. I would highly recommend finding a hotel with off street parking. We got up early and saw many cars parked on the street that had wheel locks on them...and if you don't speak some Czech or German, it is very hard to converse with the police force. We asked about 8 police officers directions and none spoke good English.<BR><BR>I would highly recommend the Cloister. It was quiet and the accommodations were much like a US hotel.