'Passport to Europe' show on Travel Channel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all, I think it's completely amazing the the Travel Channel is showing anything other than Vegas shows - the world must be ending.

I'm not sure if these shows are new, but it's a show called "Passport to Europe" with Samantha Brown. All this week and next week they are showing episodes of European destinations. Tommorrow is Rome, Thursday is Florence, and it seems she will be going to Spain, England, Berlin, etc. You'll have to check your own tvguide for the schedule.

I tuned in for the Florence and London ones this morning and was surprised that she wasn't an annoying host, and although she did hit places I would avoid(Madame Tussaud's), she did offer good tips to people who are just getting interested in traveling to Europe.

Just thought I'd give a heads up since I didn't see any other post with this info!
Old Jan 4th, 2005, 07:02 PM

Thanks Anna. I am also amazed that the Vegas Channel would choose to visit Europe.
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 04:28 AM
P_M

I wouldn't be surprised if kids tune into the Travel Channel and think Europe is in Vegas, since it has the Eiffel Tower and the Venetian canals.

Thanks for the tip, Anna, I'll watch for that show. I really don't like Samantha Brown and her cutsie act, but if she's not doing that, I'm sure I will enjoy this show.
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 06:15 AM

This is a new show. They were filming the Paris portion when we were there in November. We spoke with the cameraman in the lift and ended up with special seats for the fashion show at Pringtemps. Can't wait to see it.
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 08:30 AM

Just watched the Edinburgh..and unfortunately S.Brown was in top cutsie mode! I wish someone would buy her a thesauras.
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 08:58 AM
P_M

Oh, no, jody....well, if I watch the Edinburgh show, I'll make good use of my mute button and enjoy the scenery.

Old Jan 5th, 2005, 09:20 AM

Will they actually show some of the sights of Europe or just Samantha and expensive hotels? But I am glad to hear that the travel channel has discovered that there is more to travel than Vegas!
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 09:31 AM

I enjoyed the Prague show that was on this past weekend. Now, if someone could just tell me where I can find the bakery where Samantha got that luscious apple strudel from.....

Old Jan 5th, 2005, 12:03 PM

I did watch yesterday the Florence show and can't say Samantha B. is not still acting like she is a 5 year old in a candy store. I agree just mute and enjoy the sights. I guess out of the travel shows I enjoy Rudy Maxx on PBS the most. I feel that his shows are both culture and interest. Just my 2 cents worth.